Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
video last day muzzleloader float hunt >

video last day muzzleloader float hunt

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

video last day muzzleloader float hunt

Old 01-08-2011, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default video last day muzzleloader float hunt

I filmed this while floating in a canoe with my buddy. It was the last day of muzzleloader season in our area and my buddy had both a buck and antlerless tag so we were just out for some last minute meat for the freezer. This is filmed while floating through public land. I controlled the canoe and did the filming while my buddy handled the muzzleloader. I think it turned out pretty good considering I was using a cheap little Nikon Cool Pix camera.
My grandfather always told me when it comes to hunting,
"It is not about the equipment you have to use,
It is about how you use the equipment you have."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUvcZFkZ0Eg
Old 01-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

Beautiful hunt, thanks for sharing. It looks like waiting and having lunch was the key. Great job!
Old 01-08-2011, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Great quality for a small camera. I would love to float hunt but I believe its not legal in NC and Va where I hunt. That looked like a perfect river to float down; not too fast and smooth for the most part. My only negative would be the snap shot with a muzzleloader. I like a mighty slow moving or stopped deer for a muzzleloader shot. Other then that it was pretty neat.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

Hey fellow Michiganders. What you 2 did is, IMO, the quintessential nothern Mich. adventure. Awesome video. You made my day with that. Snap shooting with open sights in a moving vessel, that tends to roll side to side with body movement is not easy. Great shot. Now there are literally hundreds of rivers in Mi. so I'll make a S.W.A.G. Would that be the Ocqueoc River? If you wish not disclose your area, understood. Or PM with it. Many Thanks.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nicely done !
Old 01-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by smokey92
Hey fellow Michiganders. What you 2 did is, IMO, the quintessential nothern Mich. adventure. Awesome video. You made my day with that. Snap shooting with open sights in a moving vessel, that tends to roll side to side with body movement is not easy. Great shot. Now there are literally hundreds of rivers in Mi. so I'll make a S.W.A.G. Would that be the Ocqueoc River? If you wish not disclose your area, understood. Or PM with it. Many Thanks.
Not the Ocqueoc but that one would work. In fact there are many rivers in Michigan that flow through large areas of public land that can produce the same results. A float after the 3rd or 4th day of rifle season is often ideal as the deer really tend to push deep into the swamps, and the rivers offer easy access to drinking water and edible forage usually near by.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

Awesome job, I felt like I was right there in the boat. Thanks for sharing and nice doe Luke.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

That was awesome !! I really enjoyed watching that..
Old 01-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for sharing you extended my hunting just a little with that video and congrats on the shot and the doe.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:54 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

Talking

hnt4food;that was a very nice video,thanks.i would also disagree that the shot was a negative or a snap shot,heck he had that bead on the that deer for at least a full second and successfully recoverd the deer.congrats.........karl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.