Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Cva Accura or Optima >

Cva Accura or Optima

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Cva Accura or Optima

Old 01-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default Cva Accura or Optima

Is there a difference in these to guns besides the barrels? what are the pros and cons of each?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rochelle
Is there a difference in these to guns besides the barrels? what are the pros and cons of each?
There'a a Big Difference to me anyway. Now there's 2 ACCURA's, the Original V1 and the New V2. The Difference between the V1 and the V2 is the V2 has the Rubber Grip Panels on the Stock and Forearm and the QRBP, Quick Release Breech Plug. Now price wise between the V1 and V2 goes from about $250 for the V1 and $400 for the V2.
I dont really care for the Rubber Grip Panels on the V2 so that only leaves the QRBP's difference between the V1 and V2. I have 3 V1's and Blow Back is Minimal with it's Breech Plug so for me to get a New V2 just for the QRBP I passed as Im Very Happy with the way the V1 Shoots. But if you like the QRBP and Rubber Grip Panels than the V2 is a tad bit better than the V1. The Optima is a Less Expensive version but still comes with the New QRBP and the Bergara Barrel , the Barrel is also 1" shorter than that of the V1 and V2s's it's 26" long vs 27" on the V1 and V2. The feel and look of it is also different than that of the V1 and V2.
If I had to chose between the 3 I'd still opt for the Original V1 as it can be had for a Great Price now if you can find one, it's about the same price as the Optima so for that reason I'd go with the V1 for the money, Then the V2 followed by the Optima.
So the difference between the Accura V2 and the Optima is the V2 has the Rubber Grip Panels and a 1" longer Barrel, a different look and $150 more, the V2 also come with a Quake Sling, the Optima does'nt.
The V1 and V2 have a unique design and some dont like the way they shoulder, the Optima has the standard look and feel of a MLer. So I guess you'd just have to Shoulder both and see what fits you best.
(BP)
Old 01-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Per CVA's web site they do not list the Optima as having a Bergara barrel, this may be the reason it is less expensive than the Accura,
Old 01-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by builder459
Per CVA's web site they do not list the Optima as having a Bergara barrel, this may be the reason it is less expensive than the Accura,
I believe the new (2010) Optimas DO have the Bergara barrel, but it is has not been polished like the Accura's. The older Optimas did not have the Bergara barrel, except for the Optima Elites, if I am not mistaken.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know I had to correct myself in the upper post as I too thought the Optima did'nt come with the Bergara Barrel. I looked at the Optima in a new book I have from Cabela's and in it's description it does say the Optima comes with the Bergara Barrel.
I think MD has a new Optima mabey he'll jump in......
(BP)
Old 01-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you must get a CVA then get the one that fits best. Personally I would wait a bit and look over the new Knights. or look at a Triumph.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Breechplug
I know I had to correct myself in the upper post as I too thought the Optima did'nt come with the Bergara Barrel. I looked at the Optima in a new book I have from Cabela's and in it's description it does say the Optima comes with the Bergara Barrel.
I think MD has a new Optima mabey he'll jump in......
(BP)
This is from the current Cabelas ad for the Optima. It used to say Bergara but it does not anymore.

All Optima rifles feature accuracy guaranteed, fluted barrels made of 416-grade stainless steel
Old 01-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's darn confusing lol,there web site lists the optima,no mention of a bergara barrel and i didnt even see the elite model on it, on other sites they list the elite as having a bergara barrel lol. sorry for any confusion i may have caused, it appears CVA needs to update there site and clarify what rifles do indeed come equipped with bergara barrels. Ray
Old 01-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the Optima indeed does'nt come with the Bergara Barrel then I'd pass on one and opt for either ACCURA. Now I personally have nothng against Knight or TC, they make a very good MLer. But for the Price you get more MLer for the Money getting a CVA.
For me besides the cost the SS Bergara Barrel is what sold me on the ACCURA, the TC Triumph has a Standard Steel Barrel. For the money you spend on a TC Triumph it should at least come with a SS Barrel, if it did I might just own one.
(BP)
Old 01-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

According to the CEO of the parent company that owns CVA all of there muzzleloader Barells are made in the Bergara factory. The only ones they stamp Bergara are the Button Rifled barells that go thru the honing and strict tolerance processes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.