Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Snow in So cal

Old 01-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smile Snow in So cal

It's snowing here. we usually get some snow once or twice a winter, so it's not to unusual.2 years ago we had 2 feet during one storm. elevation here in 3,400 ft.our muleys here need all the help they can get, the big cats are taking a toll on herds all over ca..
Old 01-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by builder459
It's snowing here. we usually get some snow once or twice a winter, so it's not to unusual.2 years ago we had 2 feet during one storm. elevation here in 3,400 ft.our muleys here need all the help they can get, the big cats are taking a toll on herds all over ca..
Where in CA?
Old 01-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jid1877
Where in CA?
Yucca valley ca, about 35 miles north of palm springs. at the eastern edge of the san bernardino mtns. small town.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by builder459
Yucca valley ca, about 35 miles north of palm springs. at the eastern edge of the san bernardino mtns. small town.
I use to know it well back in the 80's. Setup alot of modular school buildings in Morongo Valley, Yucca, Joshua, and Twentynine Stumps.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jid1877
I use to know it well back in the 80's. Setup alot of modular school buildings in Morongo Valley, Yucca, Joshua, and Twentynine Stumps.
Yep 29 palms is where the marine base is, we call feel and hear when they are bombing and that's 25-30 miles away lol.my son goes to school here in yucca Valley.. Ray
Old 01-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

At least you got snow,I came out here to Huntington Beach ,CA to see my son and family and for a nice week away from the cold and snow in NY. What do I arrive to rain (it never rains in So.Cali) and it was colder here then it was going to be in NY the next day.Cmon sun and warmer weather for the rest of the week.When I get back I have the rest of the month to try and get something more for the freezer during special shotgun/muzzle season.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gman57
At least you got snow,I came out here to Huntington Beach ,CA to see my son and family and for a nice week away from the cold and snow in NY. What do I arrive to rain (it never rains in So.Cali) and it was colder here then it was going to be in NY the next day.Cmon sun and warmer weather for the rest of the week.When I get back I have the rest of the month to try and get something more for the freezer during special shotgun/muzzle season.
Forecast says it should be back to normal about the time your leaving lol. enjoy your time with the family.and good luck on your return! Ray