Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Fitting a new sight? >

Fitting a new sight?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Fitting a new sight?

Old 12-31-2010, 06:12 AM
Spike

Default Fitting a new sight?

Does anyone have any experience with replacement sights on a C.V.A. traditional gun. I have a plainsman Flinter, It was not a popular model for C.V.A. but i have one and love it. It has the same spanish barrel as the bobcat with the same sights. I have driven the sight out and the dovetail measures .348 now I have found a lyman set of adjustable sights for european barrels measuring .360, so i called lyman and they said some fitting is required. As best as i can wedge my calipers in the barrel it may be close to .360 I cant be sure. I was wondering if anyone else has replaced the non-adjustable factory buckhorn sights with these. I know some of you have fitted sights so i ask if it is a pain better left to the gunsmith? By the way C.V.A. did not make alot of these and it's too bad. I bought it new at gander mountain a few years ago for $125 and It has as fast a lock time with 75gr. of 3f goex and a pinch of 4f in the pan as any gun Ive ever seen at any price!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:53 AM
Banned

You can just use a file on the dovetail of the sights and fit it to the CVA Size.

www.trackofthewolf.com check their sites out
Old 01-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Spike

Default thanks

Thank you for the reply M.D.54 the information there is better than the manufactures web site.