Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
3 weeks with out... >

3 weeks with out...

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

3 weeks with out...

Old 12-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 3 weeks with out...

on the 26ths jess (my wife) leaves for Maryland to help train people for the company we both work for.

she is taking the lap top with the 17in screen and leaving me with an laptop with an 10.1in screen.

I don't know what I am sadder about, her leaving or her taking the computer.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know what I am sadder about, her leaving or her taking the computer.
Corey, Corey, Corey. That strikes me as a very dangerous thing to say in a place where Jess may see it. Heck, computers can't cook!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

semi,

I do 95% of the cooking
Old 12-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's not the Size of it, it's how you use it. Just put on a pair or Reading Glasses and be connected to the Best MLer Forum on the Net, That's what Matter's Most.
Boy My Wife would just Love to get rid of Me for 3 Weeks, She's Mad because Hunting Season is over. The Computer keeps me busy while She does Her Women things. If She thought a Bigger Screen would keep me away from (You Know) then She'd make sure I had one with a 84" Screen.
I do Love My Wife but keep your hands off My Computer.
(BP)
Old 12-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by corey012778
semi,

I do 95% of the cooking
I do 100% of the Cooking, Boy I Love To Cook! Just think for 3 weeks you can cook yourself to death, mess up the House and leave your dirty Laundry all over with no one to Yell at ya, does your wife need anyone to help her? LOL!
(BP)
Old 12-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's not the Size of it, it's how you use it.
EXCELLENT Breechplug! Been saying that my whole life.

I do a fair amount of cooking, but my wife does the majority. She's a great cook, a fact to which my waistline can attest.

New Orleans is a food culture. We talk food all of the time - what we had yesterday, what we're going to have tomorrow, how this or that was prepared, etc. My daughter and son-in-law own two restaurants. She recently got a deal from one of her suppliers on a case of frozen quail and challanged me and her brother to a quail cook off. He, she and I will each prepare a quail dish and present them to the family. Should be fun.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
EXCELLENT Breechplug! Been saying that my whole life.

I do a fair amount of cooking, but my wife does the majority. She's a great cook, a fact to which my waistline can attest.

New Orleans is a food culture. We talk food all of the time - what we had yesterday, what we're going to have tomorrow, how this or that was prepared, etc. My daughter and son-in-law own two restaurants. She recently got a deal from one of her suppliers on a case of frozen quail and challanged me and her brother to a quail cook off. He, she and I will each prepare a quail dish and present them to the family. Should be fun.
If you need a judge for the Quail cook off, I would be more than happy to help!
Old 12-24-2010, 06:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Corey, I am sure you will miss your wife dearly. The computer is just a set back. You will get by with little trouble. Think of all the fun you can have.

Like a lot of you, I love to cook. I am known for my skills with a grill. Gas, charcoal, wood, even electric, I can make them do wonderful things. I own numerous grills. I know... a little much. My giant Brinkman, a Weber charcoal, a full sized gas rotisserie grill, an electric smoker, a wood smoke house, and of course my outdoor pit with a tri pod for cooking over wood. But you need all of them. They have specific uses. My family love to visit when I am in a cooking mood, because I use a gas grill like a weapon. I can ruin your waste line real quick with my big Brinkman gas grill.

Quail sounds like an excellent dish. I would have to cook them on my Brinkman smoker.