Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
My hunting Christmas story >

My hunting Christmas story

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My hunting Christmas story

Old 12-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default My hunting Christmas story

I know this is slightly off the subject of blackpowder but with the Christmas season here its kind of appropriate. In the year 2000 I saved up for a bowhunt in Illinois in December. I went with 2 of my hunting buddies. We arrived Sunday night after a long drive from Charlotte to Joy Illinois. It was lightly snowing and 25 degrees, not too bad I thought. The next day it was minus 12 and the wind blowing 15 to 20 miles per hour, snowing like crazy. I was bound and determined to hunt during this. Four straight days of this was taking its toll on all 3 of us to the point that we were actually grumbling at each other and just not having a good time any more. We were pushing each other so hard to hunt all day in this that we were just plain whipped. Day 5 comes along with the same weather but the wind had actually picked up. We hunted next to a small church out in the country. The wind was blowing so hard we all hunted on the ground instead of treestands.The wind was incredible along with the cold. About 30 minutes before dark the wind totally stopped, almost eerie at the abruptness of it. Then the church bells started playing "Silent Night". I had not felt such such a Christmas spirit in me since I was a little kid. As soon as the song finished the wind instantly picked up again. Being a Christian I dont think this was a coincidence. The 3 of us met at the truck and we never mentioned deer; we all 3 talked of the moving experience that had happened to each of us just a few mintes earlier. I hope everyone has a great Christmas.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

I have to agree with you.Not a coincidence that the wind stopped blowing.
Very Nice. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:51 PM
sup
Spike

WOW! Great story. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

That is a great story. God always speaks to us if we listen.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

I don't believe in coincidence so I would have to agree with you. Great story.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

I can tell you, your not alone. I have been in areas where we never seen deer and we were cursing the lord asking where the deer are and just freezing to death. Within minutes a deer shows up. I have had this happen on several occasions. I do not consider it a coincindence at all. Someone up above speaks to all of us in different ways, it is when we don't answer when it becomes a problem. Great story and thanks for sharing.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default story

Nice story, Thanks for sharin it!
Very touching indeed.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Spike

Great story!!! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas.