Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Ohio blackpowder hunting >

Ohio blackpowder hunting

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Ohio blackpowder hunting

Old 12-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Spike

Oh by the way, extended shotgun season is this weekend!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Spike

there is 2 aep areas south of nelsonville and the wnf all around here I know one of the aep area in gun season was not pressured much seen 1 truck in this area I hunted this area last year seen a good bit of deer and killed a big doe there
Old 12-14-2010, 05:30 AM
Spike

so, what does aep stand for? how many deer are you allowed? From what i gathered it was 3 deer in some places, 2 in others and just 1 in some places, and only 1 buck.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

American Electric Power
Old 12-14-2010, 06:08 AM
Spike

oh I see. i guess that's like the paper mill company land up here. Is Ohio got a lot of land posted or how is that? is it all permission hunting or how is it about hunting land that's not posted?
Old 12-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by billybob51
oh I see. i guess that's like the paper mill company land up here. Is Ohio got a lot of land posted or how is that? is it all permission hunting or how is it about hunting land that's not posted?

AEP land is old reclamation ground that has been restored back to natural habitat "kinda" after the coal mines shut down.

Consider ALL land posted unless you have written permission on you to hunt that land. A.E.P. ground you can get a permission slip and maps off of the internet that you need to sign and have with you. Wayne National Forest you will need to just have your hunting license and deer tag on at all times while hunting. If your going to hunt with a shotgun it needs to be plugged. There is a lot of good hunting in Ohio if you put in the time to find the deer. A lot of big bucks get taken in Wayne every year but you will need to get off of the road and have some luck.

My biggest advice would be to get detailed maps and a plat book for that county.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Spike

cool thanks. i've been hunting hard already on the internet about, wayne, aep, and wildlife areas. I'm still hoping someone with a big farm and lots of deer will hook onto my lobster trade though!! lol.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by billybob51
cool thanks. i've been hunting hard already on the internet about, wayne, aep, and wildlife areas. I'm still hoping someone with a big farm and lots of deer will hook onto my lobster trade though!! lol.
Good luck man I hope you find it but I know around here it's getting harder and harder to find land to hunt. The outfitters are leasing up the farms and the ones they don't get hunted by their families.