HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   V2 - Clean Machine! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/336148-v2-clean-machine.html)

Breechplug 12-12-2010 06:59 PM

MD, from the looks of it your (Firing Pin) Housing Screw looks backed out and not tight, is this so? and if so why? Is it because of the Primer's your using to compensate for the different lengths of them so you have a snug fit as you close the action? Im just wondering as on My ACCURA's the Firing Pin Housing is Flush.
(BP)

SmokeSeeker 12-12-2010 07:20 PM

BreechPlug,Duh he backs it out so its tight up against the primer to keep the BlowBack Down.

MountainDevil54 12-12-2010 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Breechplug (Post 3739804)
MD, from the looks of it your (Firing Pin) Housing Screw looks backed out and not tight, is this so? and if so why? Is it because of the Primer's your using to compensate for the different lengths of them so you have a snug fit as you close the action? Im just wondering as on My ACCURA's the Firing Pin Housing is Flush.
(BP)

Smokeseeker answered it perfectly. Except for the Duh part LOL

Its not loose at all. Another turn and it would be wiggle loose but the way it is now, you cant turn it with a finger nail.

Adjust the gap between the primer and bushing, you end up with what i did, a perfectly sealed up primer and no mess. With the W209's i dont have to do this but the CCI 209m's are a good deal shorter and can be messy.

SmokeSeeker 12-12-2010 07:53 PM

MountainDevil54 hey how do you like that V2,I'm thinking on getting one ?

MountainDevil54 12-12-2010 07:58 PM

like it so well that i plan on buying another in a couple months. Maybe camo this time

Breechplug 12-12-2010 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by SmokeSeeker (Post 3739818)
BreechPlug,Duh he backs it out so its tight up against the primer to keep the BlowBack Down.

Im not that Stupid and kinda figured it out on My Own you Jackwagon! You know I take back all the Nice things I said about you, and befor I lose My Temper and say more, I'll just let you burry yourself in your Ignorant Comments and wait for the Site Moderators to Banish you Forever!
(BP)

SmokeSeeker 12-12-2010 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Breechplug (Post 3739857)
Im not that Stupid and kinda figured it out on My Own you Jackwagon! You know I take back all the Nice things I said about you, and befor I lose My Temper and say more, I'll just let you burry yourself in your Ignorant Comments and wait for the Site Moderators to Banish you Forever!
(BP)

lol when did you ever say anything nice about me i dont even kno you?

Breechplug 12-12-2010 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54 (Post 3739838)
Smokeseeker answered it perfectly. Except for the Duh part LOL

Its not loose at all. Another turn and it would be wiggle loose but the way it is now, you cant turn it with a finger nail.

Adjust the gap between the primer and bushing, you end up with what i did, a perfectly sealed up primer and no mess. With the W209's i dont have to do this but the CCI 209m's are a good deal shorter and can be messy.

OK MD I see your reasoning about having it backed out, BUT. The Firing Pin Housing is Not made for the reason of doing this, It's made so you can remove it for ceaning pourposes. I think it's best to be tight so the Firing Pin hit's the Primer where it's suppos-to as it's intended. Being backed out like you have it will cause uneven pressure on the fring pins Housing threads as you close the Action and possibly cause damage to the threads, Just My Opinion.
Why not just use a Primer that fits tighter? One day you'll go to reload and it will be gone, especially that little Sping that's in there.
(BP)

MountainDevil54 12-12-2010 08:22 PM

well thats why i do these things, to learn about it and see what happens down the road. The firing pin operates smoothly without catching or binding up.

The Winchester W209 is the longest. I like that primer to be held into the plug nice and tight to seal all the gasses up. The W209 doesnt offer that.

Ah hell, i was going to take a picture of the q tip i used to clean the firing pin area but i emptied the trash. Got a bunch of JSG 3F in the tubes ready for tomorrow so i will take a picture of a q tip after i shoot and clean that area.

Although, when i do go to town i will look for a thin washer that fits into the primer hole, that might be enough to take up the slack. Then i can screw the bushing all the way in and have no worried.

Breechplug 12-12-2010 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54 (Post 3739868)
well thats why i do these things, to learn about it and see what happens down the road. The firing pin operates smoothly without catching or binding up.

The Winchester W209 is the longest. I like that primer to be held into the plug nice and tight to seal all the gasses up. The W209 doesnt offer that.

Ah hell, i was going to take a picture of the q tip i used to clean the firing pin area but i emptied the trash. Got a bunch of JSG 3F in the tubes ready for tomorrow so i will take a picture of a q tip after i shoot and clean that area.

Although, when i do go to town i will look for a thin washer that fits into the primer hole, that might be enough to take up the slack. Then i can screw the bushing all the way in and have no worried.

MD I have used rubber O Rings that slip over the Primer, that would seem a better way to solve the problem, Value Home Center's carry a good selection of them. For me the Win W209 Primers are the best fit, they are the longest Primer out there. Is the V2 vs the regular ACCURA's Barrel to Action fit not snug or about the same? Also I found that the Minimal Blow Back out of My ACCURA did'nt really need the Rubber O Ring, a little blow back so what, my accuracy did'nt get better.
(BP)