Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Buying A T/C Triumph----Maybe? >

Buying A T/C Triumph----Maybe?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Buying A T/C Triumph----Maybe?

Old 12-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Buying A T/C Triumph----Maybe?

Thinking about buying a T/C Triumph. I like the looks of it, and the feel of it. Also like the breachplug, and the ease of cleaning. Been shooting a T/C Firehawk, great shooting ML, but it takes some time to clean, as I am very thorough, when I clean ML's. Have read a few threads about loading issues with the Triumph, tight bore? Can any Triumph shooters give me thier opinion of this ML?
Old 12-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

The T/C Triumph is a great ML. As far as loading, clean the bore good with Hoppe's and run about 50 strokes of JB bore paste thru it before you shoot it. You wont have a problem at all.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Landngroove

I have a plain jane Triumph, it is a very good gun, mechaniclally and accurate. Mine is a 50 cal and when i got it was an un-ordinarily tight bore. I could not get anything down it.

As Grouse says clean the bore well. I could not believe the packing grease TC put in it. I think I am really fortunate that I did not shoot it before cleaning it.

Use a very good bore solvent as the barrel may be packed with a copper packing grease. These are the first patches out of mine...

I ended up running 100 strokes of JB's through my bore now I am able to load normal sabot bullet combinations including my favorite .459/300 grain bullets.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also have the plane jane triumph and it is a very nice, light rifle with excellent accuracy right out of the box.the breech plug makes cleaning a breeze.i recently removed the peep i had on the rifle and mounted a scope. will be trying it out this weekend.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Great gun, love mine! My Triumph had a tight bore but I tried Harvester Crush Rib sabots and that cured the issue. Mine is a standard Triumph and I am shooting 110 grains of Triple 7 3f loose powder and a TC Shockwave 200 grain bullet with a Harvester CR sabot. This combo will shoot 3 shots into one ragged hole at 100 yards.

I have taken several deer with this gun and it is the only rifle I use even during the regular gun season here in Michigan. Cleaning is super easy with the Speed Breech XT and can be done in about 5 minutes start to finish using Windex followed with a good gun oil.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:13 PM
kb1
Fork Horn

the triumph is hands down my favorite carry when i'm walking/still hunting.it is very light and quick to get into battery.......karl
Old 12-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Don't hesitate, you'll love it!
Old 12-09-2010, 04:20 AM
Fork Horn

Pay heed to Sabotloader's cleaning advice! I don't know what the substance T/C puts in the bore is, but, you want to get it out before you shoot.

I'm enjoying mine more than I ever imagined. So much so, I hunted it all but 1 day during a week centerfire rifle season in NY. It's light, very accurate, and easy to clean (BH209 compatible out of the box).
Old 12-09-2010, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the plain blued Triumph and it is great. Shoots great, easy to clean, light in weight, great barrel. Shoots Barnes TEZ bullets very well.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

I have the weathercoat (did I get the name right?) version of it, and love it. I shoot the yellow sabot Shockwave 250 grainers and find they load with no problems. My friend shoots the 300 grain shockwaves with 150 grains (Ivshoot 100 grains 777) with clover leaf accuracy. It is a fine gun. My only recommendation is to buy as good a scope as you can- the cheaper black powder scopes frequently offered in packages stink, and you will end up frustrated with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.