HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   my m/l buck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/335743-my-m-l-buck.html)

WV Hunter 12-06-2010 01:18 PM

my m/l buck

Hey guys

Thought I would share the 9pt I got with my m/l 3 weeks ago here in VA. He's a pretty nice buck where I live...too nice to pass up for sure. He weighed 123 dressed, and I'm pretty sure he's 3.5. I'll age him better once I do the euro mount. I normally bowhunt alot more than gun or m/l, on this day I decided to change it up and take the m/l....and he came by following a doe at about 50yds. :happy0001:

My 13yo son was supposed to go with me that morning, but he decided not to go. Boy was he bummed when I called him to bring the truck to pick up my deer. He learned a valuable lesson that day....you can't kill one if your at home playing xbox :)

(he just turned 13 so he's still got kid brain, LOL)

WOODTICK49 12-06-2010 01:22 PM

nice buck. I would not pass him up if he came by me.

cayugad 12-06-2010 01:28 PM

that is a dandy buck. He'd of never walked past my stand.

Semisane 12-06-2010 01:29 PM

That's a nice one for sure WV Hunter. Congratulations. I would pop a cap on him in a heartbeat.

rafsob 12-06-2010 01:32 PM

Nice buck pal. I have been hunting in Charlotte county and have nailed one doe. I have seen lots of deer, but nothing I could put a bead on.

I will be going back up to hunt camp and hope to puta couple more deer in my freezer.

Where in Virginia are you hunting?

WV Hunter 12-06-2010 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by rafsob (Post 3735458)
Nice buck pal. I have been hunting in Charlotte county and have nailed one doe. I have seen lots of deer, but nothing I could put a bead on.

I will be going back up to hunt camp and hope to puta couple more deer in my freezer.

Where in Virginia are you hunting?

I'm up near the top of VA, near WV. Mountain deer. The county I hunt in just doesn't grow em big, unfortunately. If you get a buck that goes 110", you've done pretty darn good. I also hunt alot in WV just across the line....same thing there.

kb1 12-06-2010 01:52 PM

very nice,congrats..........karl

onetohunt 12-06-2010 01:57 PM

nice deer congrats

johnnyo 12-06-2010 02:29 PM

:party:congrats, from across the line!

Semisane 12-06-2010 02:37 PM

The county I hunt in just doesn't grow em big, unfortunately. If you get a buck that goes 110", you've done pretty darn good
Exactly right WV Hunter. A "trophy" must be judged by the local environment.

Here's the best buck I've taken in twelve years of hunting our 900 acre piney woods lease.

He's a true trophy by our standards - a monster.

I've never scored a deer. But just for the heck of it I scored this rack a little while ago using the B&C on-line score calculator (didn't fudge a bit). He scored a whopping 99.

It's unlikely I'll ever shoot a better one in our area. But go 30 miles West to the black soil of the Mississippi River bottom lands and this one would be considered mediocre.