Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Anyone getting a new Knight LRH? >

Anyone getting a new Knight LRH?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Anyone getting a new Knight LRH?

Old 11-27-2010, 08:10 AM
mountaineer magic

Default Anyone getting a new Knight LRH?

Knight only has about 20 of the limited Edition LRH's that they are offering. They are a little spendy at $799.99 but I was wondering if anyone was getting one or is everyone waiting for the new line after the first of the year to see if the Ultimate Slam comes out? Just curious.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think they are sold out?????? I was surprised when i heard how well they are selling.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow they only made 20?

I would have considered one but as with the original LRHs i was concerned about weight, so i built my own 52cal LRH on a lighter Elite synthetic stock and added the "target" trigger.

BTW thanks for the idea.

I may call them and see if they have any left over Walnut stocks just for showing off.

It will be interesting to see IF they got the remaining 54-120 barreled actions from Green Mountain and offer them as a limited edition also.

I love mine and IMO its one of the best MLs ever made.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

I was considering it very seriously, and I took in to consideration the weight and the price and thought that I would just wait and see what they come out with at the first of the year. I'm going to get me a new Knight, I just don't know which one yet.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by onetohunt
I was considering it very seriously, and I took in to consideration the weight and the price and thought that I would just wait and see what they come out with at the first of the year. I'm going to get me a new Knight, I just don't know which one yet.
That's a good decision. $800.00 is very high for that ML.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:53 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Grouse45
That's a good decision. $800.00 is very high for that ML.

I have a LRH that I purchased before Knight suspended operations. It's a very accurate shooter. It makes me look like I know what I am doing when I am at the range . I use Lehigh Dave's plug with my LRH. Plus, I will pay more for a US made rifle. My experience is that companies with overseas-made rifles are working hard to find ways to cut corners with their rifles. IMO, $800 is a little high but not out of consideration for the LRH.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Cant" I also have one. I did not pay a full $800 for mine. But if I needed another I would pay that amount. You will get alot of comments from guys who have probably never owned one. Or a person who has some "skin in the game". The internet is well known for that. I am just a day in day out hunter who would not trade his LRH for any other production MZ out there. And yes I also do prefer to buy American, if you notice I have a Leupold on mine. Talk is cheap.

Is the LRH a tad heavy?? Yes it is, but I prefer that. When I want a lighter rifle I take my MK-85. Not sure how anyone could have a better MZ battery than that?? Except of course a good custom sidelock. Tom.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mine isn't that heavy.

E-Lite Long Range Hunter 52cal
Old 11-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

My problem is it is still too fresh in my mind when I could have gotten one for half that price so I could never bring myself to pay the $800. But then I am a tight a$$ because I have to be.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

I'm just hoping that Knight gets the ball rolling before the first of the year and actually starts to sell the new guns before 2011, because it is taking all the will power I have not to buy one of the older models already and I don't have the extra cash to buy both!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.