Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
day of hunting, day at the range, cva hawken 50 >

day of hunting, day at the range, cva hawken 50

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

day of hunting, day at the range, cva hawken 50

Old 11-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default day of hunting, day at the range, cva hawken 50

started out at 4
4:30 am, first location, it is 1/4 mile from the range I goto, get out of the truck. leaves crunching, slashes in the creek. got my gear on. headed in, got settled. sounded like something was walking all around me, still really an new area for me, so I was still scouting it out. found an easy up to an ridge that over looked where I was setting. got up there, found an downed tree that had room to put my legs under. perfect nest, 7am came, I thought I was going to have to go home early again, my stomach started rolling, had to use an real bathroom, no stump, no leaning on an tree, tp and an set. the range was not far away with out house, so I pulled, won't of but had to. got there did my business. decide to hung around there to see if everything is settled down. gathered some range lead, 13lbs. was not an good idle worked things up again. to the out house, there is an path off the pistol range, grabbed my gear and went down it. alot of noise behind an small hill. stopped and watched nothing moved from the top of it or around it. followed to where it meets an stream. turned around headed back. got back to the range, grabbed my 22 and with remington (pos) ammo. 70+ rounds, 14 went off. switched over to my cva hawken 50cal, 50grs of pyro P (last of it), 50% crisco 50% 1000+ lube, 8 shots all to the right, 2 touching just right of bulls, 5 straight below them 1 off to the left, I pulled it. all at 50yrds,

headed back out to another new place, found a few good places to set up, but one can't make it on only 4 hours of sleep, headed back home. cleaned my hawkens up and took an nap.

still no deer, but my season not over.