Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Black Powder Success Thread >

Black Powder Success Thread

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Black Powder Success Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Spike

we need more
Old 11-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

This guy will taste good! Barnes 250gr tez, with 100gr Bh209.
@ 30 yards, Entered front shoulder, exit last rib opposite side. Surprising, he went 70 yards, but excellent blood trail. Easy tracking through thick bush.
Attached Thumbnails Black Powder Success Thread-muzzbuck250grbarnes100grbh209.jpg   Black Powder Success Thread-muzzbuckentrancehole.jpg  
Old 11-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our rifle season began 1 November. Spent nearly every day since in the hills. Saw white things waving good bye, over and over and over and over again. A couple of times nearly had a shot, but no. Today it all changed. A bunch of deer ran toward me, instead of away from me. However, before i managed to get a shot off, they all ran off chased by a buck. I stood there lamenting my misfortune, and contemplated whether i should trail after them. Then i decided there was a chance i might get a shot, if i trailed them. After i took a few steps uphill after them deer, here they came running back, and stopped just above me. There was nothing to brace my rifle on so i figured i would try a free hand shot. When i threw my Omega up, i was surprised how steady the cross hair appeared, and managed to squeeze the trigger. The deer dropped right there, and i reloaded.

The entrance hole.

Lungs damaged by 300g deep curl.

The exit hole.

Interior of chest cavity with 2" holes through ribs in and out.

Looking back up hill to the kill site, after kinda pulling the deer down hill, and getting out of the way.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Excellent Ron. Congratulations. Good report & pictures. Ya` gotta love those Deep Curls.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Great job guys.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I killed the biggest deer of my life two weeks ago with my muzzle loader, but I'm undecided if I should post a picture. The reason I say that, is that I don't have any good ones without me in them, and I'd rather not post a picture with me in it. The ones I have without me in them, don't do the deer justice so I don't want to make him seem a lot smaller than he is. That's why I'm not sure if I should post them or not.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
I killed the biggest deer of my life two weeks ago with my muzzle loader, but I'm undecided if I should post a picture. The reason I say that, is that I don't have any good ones without me in them, and I'd rather not post a picture with me in it. The ones I have without me in them, don't do the deer justice so I don't want to make him seem a lot smaller than he is. That's why I'm not sure if I should post them or not.
I say go ahead and post him!
Old 11-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Spike

keep it up
Old 11-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

Saturday opener in New York southern zone.On stand at 6:15.Full moon,so into woods with no light. At 7:15 button buck came sneaking in from below me.260 Nosler in at base of neck,out between 4th and 5th rib on off side. Bang flop. Two more tags left.

Charlie
Old 11-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

I hunted the last week of Va mz season and opening week of rifle. I used my mk85 during the first few days of rifle and took a small buck with my mk85-260 nosler-black mag3 combo. My deer never moved after the shot,went straight down. TNHAGIES- where in va were you hunting? I was hunting near Wytheville and the entire week had the same weather day after day-45 in the morning and 68 to 70 in the afternoon:turkey hunting weather.Rifle week was a hair colder but had very bad winds tues and wed. My hunting buddy and I found great deer movement Thur and Friday and he took a beautiful 7 pointer.Sorry but no pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.