Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
another deal found, this time casting stuff >

another deal found, this time casting stuff

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

another deal found, this time casting stuff

Old 10-23-2010, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default another deal found, this time casting stuff

I was down at an gun shop, getting prices on recoil pads, stains, accuglass, and swivels for the stock i am making. went down to the reloading isle, looking for an 9mm luger reloading die and bullets for muzzle loader, and saw an lee pro IV used for $20, it came with an spout ladle. looked inside looked like there was lead still in it. well bought it today, only thing wrong with it, no valve rod. no biggie.

cleaned up the lead, decide to see how the ladle that someone put with it, casted up some 54cal roundball, shiny. pulled out some pan that I cast out of. and casted up some ww roundballs,

2 or 3 lbs of lead in that pot, plus an ladle that cost $30 new and an melter that cost $74 to 76 new. with the lottery was that kind to me
Old 10-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Dominant Buck

It is nice to find a good deal like that. I personally like to cast roundball. Also there is a real sense of satisfaction on the range when you shoot a group, and its... home made/cut patches, home made lube, and home cast roundball.

Good luck with your casting.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

pretty much what I will be doing.