Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Pro Hunter meets Antelope. Pro Hunter wins >

Pro Hunter meets Antelope. Pro Hunter wins

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pro Hunter meets Antelope. Pro Hunter wins

Old 10-16-2010, 06:27 PM
mountaineer magic

Default Pro Hunter meets Antelope. Pro Hunter wins

Well i decided to go Antelope hunting today seeing as the season ends tomorrow. I have 3 tags and wanted to fill at least one of them. I had to take photos with the camera phone since i still haven't got batteries for the regular camera. I will post some pics tomorrow as soon as i figure out how to get them off the phone .
Took me 3 hours to work my way close enough. Started at 389 yards and finally took a shot at 87 yards. One jump in the air and she hit the ground.I could have filled another tag but decided butchering one was all i wanted to do today. it was 60 degrees so I skinned it immediately and have it aging in the fridge.
Now a hiatus til wednesday when the refuge muzzleloader hunt begins.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's the way to end the season!!. I may go deer hunting tomorrow, or i may not. Wouldn't mind doing a little walk, but seems i always walk in whilst feeling good, then i have walked too far, and the walk back is hard. At any rate, now you have a little more meat. It sure was warm this whole season this year.

I didn't know anything about a refuge muzzle loader season, i guess i had better look at it.

Them long sneaks are fun, but sometimes one can get tense. If the terrain cooperates, they can be OK, but crawling through cactus sometimes isn't much fun. Evidently you pulled the sneak without a mistake, and made the shot. Hope you get more meat soonly.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

You guys who are putting meat on the ground are really getting to me. My season doesn't open for another 27 l-o-n-g days.

Congratualtions on the hunt Chet.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

Smile

Originally Posted by Semisane
You guys who are putting meat on the ground are really getting to me. My season doesn't open for another 27 l-o-n-g days.

Congratualtions on the hunt Chet.
well Semi,we have a mere 6 days left till our early "primitive weapons' season starts on the 23rd. so far I have seen one bachelor group(two fork horns and a buttonhead) and a flag as it left my feeder. I sure wish it would rain enough to get our food plots up. I have some guns to check this week before the hunt. I feel lucky
right now.I hope i am.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:08 PM
mountaineer magic

some photos of the field dressing . I always have lots of help.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Smile

Lots of help is a good thing.enjoy them being there .They will too soon be grown.
Yor very blessed
Old 10-18-2010, 02:35 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

congrats CHET;i really like those pics,enjoy them youngun's they do grow fast.it looks like they are growing up in a wonderfull place.........karl