Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Duplexing Blackhorn209 >

Duplexing Blackhorn209

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Duplexing Blackhorn209

Old 10-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Banned

Default Duplexing Blackhorn209

Went and tried it today. 5 grains JSG 3F down the bore and into the drum of the CVA Hawken, 90gr BH209. 245gr Powerbelt. Good thing i was using a lead sled or else i'd probably still be outside crying from that recoil

I am going back out again with 70gr BH209 and the 3f JSG to help ignition, but this time the 295 powerbelts. This Hawken doesnt like the 245's and those 3 shots at 50 only grouped 2 1/2" which isnt good IMO.

Last edited by MountainDevil54; 10-07-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Banned

wooohoooo!! I got it!

70gr BH209 - 295gr powerbelt didn't do very well @ 50

Upped my charge to 80gr BH209 with the 5gr JSG 3f booster charge. Next 3 shots a nickle covered them with room to spare!

I'll tell you though, just upping the charge 10grains really added quite a bit of kick to the rifle. Shes ready to go now!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Went and tried it today. 5 grains JSG 3F down the bore and into the drum of the CVA Hawken, 90gr BH209. 245gr Powerbelt. Good thing i was using a lead sled or else i'd probably still be outside crying from that recoil
I cant believe you posted your shear stupidity on the internet. Then to boot, out of a CVA.

That not only defeats the purpose of BH209, it now puts thoughts in peoples minds who are having problems igniting BH209.

This clearly shows your total ignorance to muzzleloading and lack of experience in safety as well.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Warning! This thread was posted by a profesional stunt man. Do not attempt to duplicate this load or attempt to perform this stunt yourself. Attempting to do so could result in serious injury or death. LOL, Crazy man, I'm just playing around.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I cant believe you posted your shear stupidity on the internet. Then to boot, out of a CVA.

That not only defeats the purpose of BH209, it now puts thoughts in peoples minds who are having problems igniting BH209.

This clearly shows your total ignorance to muzzleloading and lack of experience in safety as well.
Well i did have something nice .... well not to nice to you, instead i will just say, Go shoot your knight and post some more advertisement.

There are NO safety issues adding 5 grains of that horrible jim shockeys gold that sucks up moisture like a sponge.

I cant remember all the times ive seen people telling others to add a bit of real black powder under some T7 in a flintlock to make it go off.

Funny how you never challenge the guy about safety when he uses 5/8" bolts to make home made breech plugs. Then again, modding a breech plug with a lehigh vent liner is a huge safety issue.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pluckit
Warning! This thread was posted by a profesional stunt man. Do not attempt to duplicate this load or attempt to perform this stunt yourself. Attempting to do so could result in serious injury or death. LOL, Crazy man, I'm just playing around.
u almost had me LOL.

I can assure you, there is no danger is adding a tiny 5 grain charge of jim shockeys gold under BH209.

Hell tom and quite a few others are shooting loads EXCEEDING Blackhorns recommended max load! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black
Old 10-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks to be deer medicine, to me
Old 10-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Funny how you never challenge the guy about safety when he uses 5/8" bolts to make home made breech plugs. Then again, modding a breech plug with a lehigh vent liner is a huge safety issue.
Have you ever seen me do that or post that? No

You obviously have alot of people who respect what you have to offer with CVA and other things. Mixing powders is a very dangerous situation for anyone. You really should be ashamed of posting that on any open forum.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Banned

nothing to be ashamed of at all. Once that mag spark 209 adapter comes in we'll be all set to go!

Lets hope we dont see you posting BH209 targets with loads above 120 grains.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hell tom and quite a few others are shooting loads EXCEEDING Blackhorns recommended max load! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black
Your wrong again. Well maybe not. I would say a 120grns in a CVA would be to much. Ya, your correct on that. But in Knights, T/C'S, and Savages you wont burn enough in 50cals to exceed the gun manufacture's reccomended load/pressures with a 300grn bullet or less.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.