Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
T/C Thunderhawk parts >

T/C Thunderhawk parts

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Thunderhawk parts

Old 10-04-2010, 06:20 AM
Spike

Default T/C Thunderhawk parts

Anyone have any suggestion for a website sells parts for T/C Thunderhawk parts...specifically the ram rod?
Old 10-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Parts for the actual rifle would have to come from Thompson Center Arms. The ramrod is an easy fix. Most any of the online sporting good stores sell ramrods.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

FFhunter72

Try RMC - should be easy to get a ram rod there...

http://rmcsports.com/catalog.htm

And if you need TC parts.. Caines sells a lot of them..

http://www.cainsoutdoor.com/
Old 10-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Typical Buck

I would check out walmart they sell aluminum rods that need to be cut to size
I have a thunderhawk wood stock in 50 cal. great shooting gun
Old 10-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by lonewolf5348
I would check out walmart they sell aluminum rods that need to be cut to size
I have a thunderhawk wood stock in 50 cal. great shooting gun
Yeah I looked at them today & i wasn't really wild about them...hollow ram rod worries me..lol it will work as a quick replacement but I would want to replace to a point to make it look original
Old 10-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FFhunter72
Yeah I looked at them today & i wasn't really wild about them...hollow ram rod worries me..lol it will work as a quick replacement but I would want to replace to a point to make it look original
Is your Thunderhawk a rifle, (24" Barrel) or carbine, (21" barrel) ? I'm not sure about the rifle ramrod, but I have two carbines, .50, and .54. These both came with factory wooden black painted ramrods. These ramrods are 20 3/4" long, and 3/8" around. This specific ramrod was only used on T/C Thunderhawk carbnes, and T/C Scout carbines. The T/C White Mountain Carbine, which also has a 21" barrel uses a different ramrod, 21" long, and brown in color. Try calling T/C Arms, as finding an aftermarket for these is almost impossible. You could also consider making your own. If you do call T/C let us know how you make out.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

http://cgi.ebay.com/THOMPSON-CENTER-...item2eaf816d5c
Old 10-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Landngroove
Is your Thunderhawk a rifle, (24" Barrel) or carbine, (21" barrel) ? I'm not sure about the rifle ramrod, but I have two carbines, .50, and .54. These both came with factory wooden black painted ramrods. These ramrods are 20 3/4" long, and 3/8" around. This specific ramrod was only used on T/C Thunderhawk carbnes, and T/C Scout carbines. The T/C White Mountain Carbine, which also has a 21" barrel uses a different ramrod, 21" long, and brown in color. Try calling T/C Arms, as finding an aftermarket for these is almost impossible. You could also consider making your own. If you do call T/C let us know how you make out.
Mine is a .50 cal Muzzleloader rifle (24") T/C Thunderhawk. The ram-rod tip to tip is 23 5/8" in length 3/8" width. I was considering making my own. I'm just not 100% sure if the ends are glued or something else was done by the factory. any ideas?

I found the conversion kit online (thank you midway USA) to allow for use of 209 primers! so i'll have that on this week!
Old 10-05-2010, 04:24 AM
Fork Horn

I have made my own in the past. I take the old tips and burn out the wood inside. I have used a small propane torch, or thrown them in the woodstove. Believe it or not, this does not harm the tips. You will have to turn down the ends, as they have a smaller diameter than the rod shaft. The tips have a shallow thread to them, so they screw onto the tips. I have used a small amount of JB Weld, inside the tips to make sure they hold. Also check out EBay. I have seen ramrods for the Thunderhawk rifle on it. A ramrod from a Thunderhawk rifle, Firehawk, Scout rifle, or Encore 209X50 will be the right size. Currently on EBay there is a ramrod that will fit yours. EBay item # 180551860052. T/C ramrod # 9117. Polymer coated ramrod with stainless steel tips. These are IMHO the best ramrods T/C ever made. Unlike hard aluminum, they will not harm the crown of the barrel when loading, or swabbing, and they are almost unbreakable. They are a dark gray in color. I have them on several of my T/C ML's. Good Luck !
Old 10-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Spike

awesome Landgroove. I'll definitely have to check that out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.