Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pyrodex

Old 09-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Spike

Talking Pyrodex

A new little mom/pop sporting goods store just opened this week, so i HAD to go in an check it out.A few good prices on the ml's but the best deal i found was the 1lb cans of pyrodex rs they were selling for $12.99.I thought it was priced wrong so i asked the owners an they said it ws priced correctly......so i bought all 12 cans....should get me through this season anyway.....time to burn some more powder this weekend,our early ml season starts Oct 30th.....can't wait!!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Dominant Buck

At that price I would have bought them out also. Nice find.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great deal frontstuffer. It seems I'm always the guy coming in the door when someone else is leaving with a deal like that, and the shelf is already empty.

Last year on January 2nd. I was heading to my hunting lease when a buddy in the club called my cell phone. He said he had just left the WalMart that was about 40 miles up the road on the way to the lease, and they had 8 or 10 canisters of RS at $9 each. Of course I stopped off to grab them. Shelf was empty. Sales lady said someone bought them all about five minutes earlier.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:28 AM
Typical Buck

Yep good deal and find.

Normally sells for about $17 or so around here, if you got to Bass pro they have it for $20+
Old 10-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Banned

found a can of pyrodex CTG today at a small store! I didnt buy it but found it interesting
Old 10-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Deal, Im sure it will be more than enough to get you through the Season. Just keep it in a Cool Dry Place and it should be fine if you dont use it all up. If you do use it all then you are a Shooting MLing Maniac!
Success to You during the Season.
(BP)
Old 10-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Spike

Guess i was lucky coming across such a good deal......couldn't resist.Breechplug, even tho i a not on here very much i shoot alot throughout the year like alot of other dedicated ml shooters on here.I find alot of posts on here very helpful an want to say THANKS to those that post on a regular basis for their wealth of knowledge.shoot straight an shoot often.