Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What would you like to see from the newest incarnation of Knight? >

What would you like to see from the newest incarnation of Knight?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What would you like to see from the newest incarnation of Knight?

Old 09-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

They need to succeed and compete. To do that a bolt action based on the Extreme with the type adaptions to control blow back that Lehigh and Sabot loader are using and then do the same thing to compete with the Triumph. There is more to making a really fine gun than just getting it to shoot good. A lot of use can do that with most of the guns on the market. First off the action, some love a bolt action, I like a bolt action in a High Powered rifle myself in a muzzle loader I fell it is a waste of needed barrel space and awkward to reload. I happen like about 50 % of the regular shooters to prefer a break action. And while some people think it is hard to get them to shoot accurate I have gotten the best accuracy from them.
The quality and the handle-ability and fit are important. The one thing that really irritates me about the TC guns is that they must be fitting the to an almost midget, to get them to fit me right I have to add to the stock and there is no provision for doing that so it makes a lot of extra work for me when I could be shooting.
I believe that the standards set by the market have just about reached a peak; most good guns now have no or very little blow back and will shoot a minute of angle for any one that will find the best load and can shoot that well to start with. More people than gun are not capable of a minute of angle of a bench rest @ 100 yds.
To many like to blame the gun or don't know how to develop there loads properly.
A simple good looking way to adjust the stock to fit all people on a quality gun would have a market that would surprise a lot of people. Its that type of innovation that would immediately give Knight a proper share of the market.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Spike

I think they should definitely bring back their original bolt action design. But I strongly believe that a good break action gun would serve them well. I know a lot of guys that ditched their bolt actions for an encore or optima just because it is easier to remove the breech plug and a lot easier to insert and remove primers.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

A good break action will be needed to compete with the cheaper Euro guns and to get people interested in the more expensive products.

IMO an improved Shadow or Vision would be a smart business move to get some money into the company. Get them shooting cleaner and with a reasonable trigger and they should sell.

I also prefer a break action for carbines. You can get a longer barrel in a shorter OAL package.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

Any word on when they'll start making guns again?