Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What is a better break down action black powder? >

What is a better break down action black powder?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What is a better break down action black powder?

Old 09-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Spike

Default What is a better break down action black powder?

I am getting a muzzleloader for Christmas. I was wondering what would be the best muzzleloader to get. This is the first time for me getting my own gun. I shot a CVA Wolf of my fiance's this past weekend and I loved it but I want something different than his. Give me some opinions.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Well the options are endless. You need to decide what you want.
Stainless steel barrel, or blued? Break open, drop block, bolt, or open hammer design? 209 primers, musket caps, or #11 caps? Inline or traditional? How much money do you want to spend?

Some ones I would look at are the Accura CVA, Triumph T/C, Impact T/C, Omega T/C, Knight Extreme, countless others.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't limit yourself to a break action, for starters...
Old 09-20-2010, 07:06 AM
Spike

I love the break down action guns. my fiance has one and i shot it yesterday, loved it. first one i have ever shot. he has a cva wolf. i think i want one of those.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:27 AM
mountaineer magic

Ladybuckdropper quote:
I shot a CVA Wolf of my fiance's this past weekend and I loved it but I want something different than his

I love the break down action guns. my fiance has one and i shot it yesterday, loved it. first one i have ever shot. he has a cva wolf. i think i want one of those.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Banned

Brand new wolf or the brand new Optima at www.rrarms.com runs $167 up to $225 for the stainless steel Optima.

Cabelas and midway usa have the CVA Accura for great prices.

I own one of each, including the beautyful Apex.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

The Wolf must fit your frame well, since you liked it so much. I don't think you could go wrong with one. Still, it's worth a trip to somewhere like Cabala's if you have one near you, or a dealer that has a variety of guns that you can pick up and shoulder. You may hit upon one you like more.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Spike

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I just want to find a great muzzleloader. I shot with the CVA Wolf yesterday and hit the jug I was shooting at. I didn't think I could do it but I did. Thanks to the Bushnell scope. It was dead on when it came out of the package.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Spike

I am trying to find a muzzleloader that i would like at a good price.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

You tried that gun and liked it. Since price is an issue I don't think you'll find another break action that you will like for that price. Perhaps they have some options in the stock that could make your gun a bit different from your fiancees. Or you could have it custom painted, but that of course costs money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.