Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Super Safari .451

Old 09-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Super Safari .451

Big brown truck dropped it off today. It needed a little cleaning up but most importantly the bore looks good. Since they guaranteed the bore to be pristine I really looked hard but just couldn't find anything wrong with it. I hadn't realized you have to take off the thimbles to get the stock off the super safaris. The scope is super clear but got fried a little on the bottom. I am hoping to take a few shots with it tomorrow morning.
Art
PS Jon, you were right about that stock it does have a real nice grip to it.

Old 09-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

Is that a White? Good looking gun but that stock sure isnt as pretty as what you sold. I go on gunbroker occasionally looking for a White in good shape but I usually talk myself out of it when I find something. Congratulation on the find of a great bore.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Build yourself a bikini out of some duct tape for the scope. It will save the paint and make is a lot easier to clean at the end of the day. Good luck with your shooting. I can not wait for the range report.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got some heavy gauge landscaping plastic I am going to try and make one of them scope bikinis out of.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:54 PM
mountaineer magic

That sure is a nice looking White. I am glad you got it, as I probably wouldn't have the Knight otherwise. Let us know how she shoots. I have been helping the boys ( ages 10 and 12)shoot as their season starts next Saturday, so I haven't shot the Mk yet. Once they are ready then I will get busy shooting. My 10 year old did good as this was his first time shooting and he had a 3 inch group open sights at 40 yards to begin with. I started him at 50 gr powder and a 250 shockwave on the Genesis. Hopefully by next week he will be good to go at 70gr and 50 to 60 yards.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's really fun to shoot with the kids. I have three boys myself but mine are a bit older than yours Chet. I still have my other mk-85's but yes, it was hard to sell that one. I kind of imposed a rule on myself that I don't buy one unless I also sell one. However, there is a .54 White Bison at a local gun shop that has caught my eye......
Art