Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Another knight

Old 08-28-2010, 06:02 PM
mountaineer magic

Default Another knight

Everyone seems to be getting another Knight., so I might as well confess that I also have a Knight on the way. IT'S NOT A .52 CAL BUT IT IS A Knight (AN mk85 )AND I DON'T HAVE ONE OF THEM SO IT WILL BE A WELCOME ADDITION.At least it should be leaving on the Big brown truck Monday and arrive here midweek. Besides a person can never have to many Knights, Right? Thanks to this forum My collection has grown considerably. I may have to get myself banned to break this addiction

Old 08-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats, they are good shooters...

I went to see one yesterday evening, was going to buy it for a buddy of mine...It was a Wolverine, guy said he hadn't shot it in 4-5 years...

Only problem...It was still loaded!!! Got my ramrod stuck checking the bore...Plus he had shot it, then loaded...Then he couldn't find the tool to take the breach plug out...

I didn't buy it...
Old 08-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

Did you buy Flounder's mk85, That gun had my favorite stock Knight sold. If I'm not mistaken was'nt the stainless mk85 called Predators. Congratulations on buying a great gun. I have never had a misfire with mine in the 23 years that I have owned mine. The only change I ever made to mine was to start using musket caps. I know there are a lot of folks that dont like powerbelts but my gun loved them. My new load is 100gr equiv of either t7 ot black mag with a 260gr nosler. I cant wait for hunting season to get here.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is hard to let that gun go. Like I told Chet, I know its going to a good home. I still have my other mk-85's.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Dominant Buck

congratulations on the new rifle.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:02 PM
byg
Spike

Sorry to butt in but, what do you guys think of the disc elite ?
Old 08-30-2010, 03:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by byg
Sorry to butt in but, what do you guys think of the disc elite ?
The best ML Knight ever made.