Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Cabelas Scopes

Old 07-31-2010, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default Cabelas Scopes

Just thought I would let everyone know some information on Cabelas's Scopes. As of last Sept. they are no longer lifetime warranty, only 60 days now. I had a scope for my .450 Marlin that was cabelas and had to fight tooth and nail to get my money back. This is the fourth Cabelas scope that I have had problems with. So for anyone looking for a scope, stay away from Cabelas brand. Ended up buying a Nikon Omega Muzzleloader scope for my .450 Marlin. The ballistics are really close, so I'll find out tommorrow. I really like the Nikon for my Bone Collector so I thought what the hell and bought the samething for my Marlin. I'll post again when I take it out to the range.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

I have a few of their scopes, they are junk, I've decided to pitch them instead of messing with it. I do have 1 alaskan that seems to hold up good, but it's just a 2.5. I'm going more with burris right now
Old 08-01-2010, 09:01 AM
sup
Spike

Over the last couple months i have bought 3 muellers, wow are they
clear.They are as clear as my 2 pro staffs. can't beat the price.Time will tell.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

About 5-6 years ago before leupold revamped their line they had a scope called the shotgun/muzzleloader scope. Its been a great 2-7 scope. I hate hearing that about cabelas scope. I have always admired that company for their ethics and customer service. Probably chinese scopes being sold for that quick profit.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

Well the Nikon Omega worked great on my .450 Marlin. For those that know the scope, I have to use the top of the third circle to be on at 200 yards. Which is ok, I won't be shooting beyond 200 yards anyway. The .450 I have is the "guide gun", short barrel, mainly to be used in timber. So now its nice to have my two main rifles with the same scope. I now have all my back up rifles sighted in for hunting season. So for the next two months I will be strictly shooting my Bone Collector. Since Antelope Season is just around the corner!
Old 08-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Spike

I have the marlin 1895MR 450 I put the burris timberline 3x9 on it. sight it on at 100yrds and at 200 yrds use the last hash mark. shooting Hornady 350 FP, RL-7 47.8 grains
Old 08-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by 50calty
Just thought I would let everyone know some information on Cabelas's Scopes. As of last Sept. they are no longer lifetime warranty, only 60 days now. I had a scope for my .450 Marlin that was cabelas and had to fight tooth and nail to get my money back. This is the fourth Cabelas scope that I have had problems with. So for anyone looking for a scope, stay away from Cabelas brand. Ended up buying a Nikon Omega Muzzleloader scope for my .450 Marlin. The ballistics are really close, so I'll find out tommorrow. I really like the Nikon for my Bone Collector so I thought what the hell and bought the samething for my Marlin. I'll post again when I take it out to the range.
I think after the second scope I would have quit buying them. Good choice on the Nikon.I really like my Nikon Omega.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

The Cabela's Alaskan Guide scopes are good quality. The cheap scopes are not very good. Bought a made in China Cabela's scope two years ago for $60. The reticle rotated inside the tube. Cabelas did give me a refund. Put one on a friends rifle sighted it in. That scope lasted less than 20 shots when a horizontal crosshair came loose.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I havent owned one but looked through many when they had a sale. The only ones that appeared to be good are the Alaskan series which i bet are made by a different company than their normal line.