Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Awesome day to sight in! >

Awesome day to sight in!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Awesome day to sight in!

Old 07-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Banned

Default Awesome day to sight in!

Its a beautyful cloudy 62* day today! Its perfect to sight in on a day when the temp is cold and dry. Almost like hunting season

We've upped the charges to 100gr with the 300gr Powerbelt Platinums, we'll fire a few shots and then switch over to the 295's and just make some smoke and noise.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Banned

Man was it a great day to get out and shoot! Very little wind. I decided that we should try going up to 100gr Blackhorn209 in the rifles and see how they did with the 300gr Powerbelt Platinums. Boy am i glad we did so!

All the shooting is from 100 yards.

Dad with his Apex,

Brothers Accura V2

With the light wind that was there, it was blowing in our face and my eyes dont do well with it and kept drying up. My Optima did okay but my vision was just to blurry to waste any more lead and powder on so i grabbed my Accura and shot 100gr Blackhorn209 with the 295gr Powerbelts. I should have stopped at 3 but i wanted to see what 5 shots did. Guess which shots were the first 3 :wall:

After the 300's were shot up we switched over to the 295's and my Dads Apex didnt do nearly as well with them. I think maybe 80 or 90gr would tighten it up, just didnt like 100gr BH209.

My brothers V2 on the other hand did really darn good and shot close to the same group as the 300's but much lower. His will shoot either Powerbelt very accurately.

Great day of shooting, but now its time to straighten up the supplies, wash up and enjoy the rest of the day easily.

Last edited by MountainDevil54; 07-24-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the good shooting. Wish we would get a
62 degree day here in OK.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

We cant get out of the high 90's here. That was some fine shooting.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sixty two degrees in July? In my dreams. Maybe in October.

That's some fine 100 yard shooting Devil. Your paw looks like a happy, healthy, easy-going kind of guy.