Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Muzzleloader stolen, needing to replace it! >

Muzzleloader stolen, needing to replace it!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Muzzleloader stolen, needing to replace it!

Old 07-12-2010, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Muzzleloader stolen, needing to replace it!

I had my Knight Wolverine 209 stolen a few weeks ago, and I'm needing to replace it with another one. I wouldn't mind getting another Wolverine, I know of a leftover new one for sale I could get really cheap.

I'm looking for recommendations for an affordable Muzzleloader that I can get to shoot pretty well at 100 yds. Thanks for the help.

Also, if someone has a good one they are looking to get rid of, let me know.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry to hear of your loss there. I despise a thief. Why someone feels they have the right to steal someone's property is beyond me. And then when they do get caught they act like it was no big deal. Like I said, I despise a thief.

Most any of the new muzzle loaders will shoot 100 yards for you. If you are looking not to break the bank, I can understand that. Check the auction gun sites and even some of the forum sites classified sections. There are some good deals in them.

Good luck with your new rifle.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is one. The price seems reasonable and you get free shipping.
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/di...0742&oh=216543
Old 07-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Matt; I have a MK95, stainless,composite for sale. It's listed on the website, hunting net.com in the classifieds. Accurate and in good shape.
thumper50
Old 07-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Banned

New cva wolf runs only $165-$188 depending if you want black or camo. It has the new quick release breech plug. $224 for a new cva optima with stainless steel barrel. www.rrarms.com
Old 07-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
New cva wolf runs only $165-$188 depending if you want black or camo. It has the new quick release breech plug. $224 for a new cva optima with stainless steel barrel. www.rrarms.com
If you like a carbine and dont mind a break action these are a pretty good deal but make sure you get the new model. It is that much better and only slightly more.

Check the Basspro clearance rack if you have one near by and the Cabelas Bargain cave. I got a couple super deals off the clearance rack...I got a Knight Elite for $149..

I see LK93s come up for sale on the forums sometimes too and VERY affordable ($100-200). If you liked your Wolverine 209 a LK93 with a FPJ is a nice choice.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 07-12-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Matt/TN

If you liked your Knight - i would suggest you might look at the auctions sights and pick up a Knight Extreme or Elite. You will probably only find 50 cal as the 45's are very popular right now.

What might you consider 'affordable'... I would hate to see you cut yourself to short....
Old 07-13-2010, 02:30 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

for the money knight's go for now i'd get another not only for the price point but because they just shoot good and are a quality gun...karl