Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Rifles coming back to the market! >

Knight Rifles coming back to the market!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Rifles coming back to the market!

Old 07-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks sabotloader.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sabotloader
flounder33

The barrels were Spanish... they had the same proof marks that you would find on the CVA barrels of the time. Later when the company was moved to Utah, they eventually did change the proof mark to a greater value.
Wow i didnt know that. RW never mentioned that on his site and gave the A&H rifles nothing but high praises.

I like buying American too but when foreign companies are the major share holders of a US company or vice versa, does it really make a difference? Not so much as long as fair trade rules apply and quality is high.

Knight should continue its "roots" in Iowa and let the Athens? location handle "entry" level offerings like a break action to compete with CVA. Out source the barrel to Bergara and use a US made receiver if they have to compete....just please avoid Chinese parts.

In the end the customer service and quality will win customer loyalty and higher end sales.

It hooked me and i love my Accura but Knight will always get the first shot if they offer what i want.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Gm54-120

Wow i didnt know that. RW never mentioned that on his site and gave the A&H rifles nothing but high praises.
You will not believe the number of times that i have had the discussion with RW. But, his comment was that it was OK on the A&H because of the Octogan thickness of the breech are and that A&H had some extra testing.... and of course the big deal he was a paid sponor for A&H..

Most people do realize that all barrels exported from Spain by Spainsh law must be proofed by the House of Ibar... It is a way for Spain to support their proof house. The stamp you see on the barrel is the minimum proof test required by the export law. You can or the House of Ibar will proof to a higher standard but the company must pay for it. The minimum is required by Spanish law. Paying for the higher proof, which could be requested, would cut into the profit margins. The barrel companies themselves also do proof testing but are not required to publish those test.

I think the long throw of the bolt on an A&H - increasing the length of the whole rifle was part of there downfall.

I had 2 A&H's and they were very good guns - shot very well but man they were long....

Here is a picture of one of my A&H's - look how long the bolt is so you can imagine the added length to the barreled action. The rifle on the bottom is the A&H and the Remington 700ml is the top gun.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

The short action is a big plus to me too. So much that my favorite bolt action is the Rem 600 over the 700SA in 308.

Im actually kinda of surprised Remington didnt use one of the cheaper short actions like the 788 ect for their MLs. The 788 had rear lugs that was entry level but should have been great for a ML application. Very good lock time and only 60 degree tilt on the bolt.

Hmmmm now you got me thinking of a nice custom
Old 07-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

I've still got my one and only knight american. Still flattens deer and the odd moose. Kind of a pain to clean, but I got the time.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Can't beat a new CVA, top quality!

Originally Posted by sabotloader
I really dread the day when that statement is totally true!!!!

Yeah I giggled out loud myself.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Banned

try to prove that statement wrong. 1" guarantee on CVA's bergara barrel or your money back.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
try to prove that statement wrong. 1" guarantee on CVA's bergara barrel or your money back.
I must be missing the 1" part from their website. I did notice they don't recommend sabots with bullets over 300gr or conicals exceeding 400gr.

http://www.cva.com/pdfs/accura_guarantee.pdf

Last edited by Gm54-120; 07-10-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
I must be missing the 1" part from their website. I did notice they don't recommend sabots with bullets over 300gr or conicals exceeding 400gr.

http://www.cva.com/pdfs/accura_guarantee.pdf

I guess that's why we need Knight to come back.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Banned

why so you guys can shoot big loads and blow out unburnt powder?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.