HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Knight Rifles coming back to the market! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/325318-knight-rifles-coming-back-market.html)

SWThomas 07-03-2010 04:24 AM

Knight Rifles coming back to the market!

I was reading through the most recent issue of American Hunter Magazine and the "Industry Insider" column was about Knight Rifles. Here's what it says...

"Less than a year after Knight Rifles - the company that pioneered in-line muzzleloaders - declared bankruptcy, new ownership announced it's bringing the brand back to the market. PI Inc. acquired the Knight Rifles brand. Jeff Beene, PI Inc.'s president, said, "I'm very impressed with my personal Knight rifles and want to breathe new life into this brand that started the muzzleloading world as we know it today."

Anyone heard anything about this?

mikieday 07-03-2010 04:40 AM

i have not heard anything...i used to own a couple knights (i shoot a winchester x150 now) they were always great shooters .

onetohunt 07-03-2010 06:09 AM

I hope they make it back, great shooting rifles.

sabotloader 07-03-2010 06:40 AM

SW

This is relativiely old news... but, I really am hoping they can make a splash when they get back. The problem continues to be CVA, using foreign markets that gives them the ability to undercut the prices + their ability to copy and undercut. And there is no denying that they have improved their quality nearly 10 fold.

One of the big market questions that needs to be answered is, IMO, in the US market, are the bulk of the sales of ML's going to continue to be inexpensive muzzleloaders that extends the season for most hunters, or is there still a market for a QUALITY ml that might be considered a life time rifle. I continue to ask how many folks hunt year-round with a ML and how many hunt short special seasons only. Does all of this effect the price that you are willing to pay?

MountainDevil54 07-03-2010 07:39 AM

Can't beat a new CVA, top quality!

flounder33 07-03-2010 07:52 AM

No doubt most of us on here are extremely more interested in muzzleloading than the average Joe. A lot of my friends (and family) think I am nutz. They do not seem to understand the need to have several guns and try several powders and bullets. So for the average Joe, one gun to extend their season is all they are after. This and a shortage of pocketmoney have fueled the desire or need to purchase less expensive guns. I too feel pinched for cash sometimes but I have bought some real quality used guns and have been very happy with them for the most part.
I try to buy American as much as possible even if it cost me a little more. I do not think most people care about that though...
As far as buying one of Knight's new offerings goes, it would have to be something pretty new and innovative for me to buy one. Even for me there is a limit to how many inlines I need. A real quality barrel with a faster twist might make me bite.
A lot of people rant about the Green Mountain barrels. My two best shooting Knight rifles were made before they went with Green Mountain. I do think the Green Mountain are quality barrels, but certainly not the best there is.
Forgive my ramblings,
Art

TNHagies 07-03-2010 09:32 AM

I wish the very best to Knight in their return. They are going to have to appeal to the casual shooter if they intend to stay in business though. Especially the way the economy is currently. They're going to have to offer some entry level $150-250 range guns to see a significant amount of sales and DO SOME ADVERTISING! The majority of new shooters I talk to now, the extent that they know of Knight is 'that company that went out of business'

They can sell some higher end guns to the ML enthusiasts but they would do well to offer a 1/24 twist, BH compatible, traditional bolt designed gun to appeal to me (and I feel like most others) I'd like to see them offer something like the Ultimate Slam they designed w/a 1/24.

90% of the people I meet that shoot MLs, just shoot them to extend their season. So that means AT MOST, one extra week in the field. For that, most are shooting the <$200 guns and whatever is on the shelf bullet wise at Walmart.

Few have the addiction as bad as us :s2:

sabotloader 07-03-2010 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54 (Post 3642241)
Can't beat a new CVA, top quality!

I really dread the day when that statement is totally true!!!!

MountainDevil54 07-03-2010 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by sabotloader (Post 3642275)
I really dread the day when that statement is totally true!!!!

It already is true. Ive never had muzzleloaders with the kind of accuracy right out of the box where i didnt have to play around with charges.

Im shooting the White Hots today in my Accura and with 150gr charge and the 250gr slick loads, freakin shots are touching at 100 yards. Hopefully going to sight in that new Wolf tomorrow and she how that goes.

These guns with the new barrel machining are simply Accurate.

flounder33 07-03-2010 10:10 AM

ya sure feel the need to hijack every thread and turn it into a CVA commercial don't ya. I thought this was a knight thread.