Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
A cheap Knight "C" Tool for those that need one >

A cheap Knight "C" Tool for those that need one

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A cheap Knight "C" Tool for those that need one

Old 06-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default A cheap Knight "C" Tool for those that need one

I just use a simple old 7/16" (box end?) wrench... I feel so dumb... how about an - open end wrench instead....

Last edited by sabotloader; 06-27-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

Sabotloader, I have read many of your posts and have great respect for your knowledge and appreciate the help you give everyone on this forum. However you are apparently not a mechanic. The boxed end wrench you are using is actually an open end wrench!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rogo

However you are apparently not a mechanic. The boxed end wrench you are using is actually an open end wrench!

Shoot!!! Rogo - you are absolutely right... what was I thinking?

Worst part? I am actually a back yard mechanic - been fixing cars since I was 14 and the State of Idaho said I could drive... not to mention ATV's - Snow Mobiles and many other things...

but, you know they say one of the first things to go is the mind - DANG!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Fred, hand me that 7/16" box end - the one with the end broken off.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Well I have C tools but that is still a good thing to know. I loose stuff all the time. I am one of those people that pick up a tool, set it on the bench in front of me, and then never find it for two years or until I purchase a replacement tool. Then it falls off the bench and hits me on the toe.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now I have a stupid question. If that is the extreme conversion bolt assembly, which I assume it is with the red discs, do you need the c-tool with that anyway?
Art
Old 06-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

flounder33

I got a really good buy on some of the very first Knight Extreme Bolt Conversion's. The reason that I bought them was that these bolts were the original contract machined bolt housing. They are within +/- 1- 2000's of an inch in their tolerances...

The problem? the very first conversions were still using the 'C' tool hammer assembly which is also a lot tighter in tolerances and seems to have a stronger hammer spring.

I actually have one more of these assemblies I would like to sell - $50 + shipping... Comes with bolt - FPJ Breech Plug - & 20 red plastic jackets... but they did not have a 'C' tool in them....
Old 06-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by cayugad
Well I have C tools but that is still a good thing to know. I loose stuff all the time. I am one of those people that pick up a tool, set it on the bench in front of me, and then never find it for two years or until I purchase a replacement tool. Then it falls off the bench and hits me on the toe.
Same here... i am still looking for your two Orange plastic jacket breech plugs.... now I am thinking that maybe they are inside the package maybe in the Orange plastic jacket bag...

The worst part if they are not there I know they are right here on the bench in front of me - but I can not see them. But then again there is a ton of stuff on the bench

And on the other hand as soon as I stop looking - they might show up.... I also threw in a couple of rolls of pink tape - the are loose in the main box.

I wrapped and installed your plug, but i had to use white tape... the pink tape was to thick and would start balling up before it seated... the white tape worked very well. When you get it use a flash light and look down the barrel - you should see white tape all around the bottom of the bore where the BP mates up with the bore.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you finding that the Lehigh conversion works better with these because of the tighter tolerances?
I am wondering if it would be worth buying a spare for my disc elite.
Thanks, Art

Last edited by flounder33; 06-28-2010 at 07:22 AM.