Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
My new Knight DISC >

My new Knight DISC

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My new Knight DISC

Old 03-31-2010, 07:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default My new Knight DISC

Well it got here Tuesday... I rescued this from a Bass Pro in MO with the help of GM54-120. It apparently has been in the store for quite awhile. It has a very low 3 digit serial number.

Anyway GM54-120 was wondering around the store and found several new Knights in the bargan rack - He bought two of them and then posted that there was one DISC Elite left in the rack. I contacted him about the gun and he was good enough to run back to the store and corral it for me. It was mislabled in the rack (think it had Vision tag on it) and was missing the bolt and ram-rod. He and the counterman on duty at the time searched for the missing parts - found them and then called me - I bought and had it shipped here.

Got it all cleaned up yesterday - the bore was really ugly with dust and fur balls... might have been some living insects in there also. The gun had definitely been handled a lot in the years that it was in the store - but a good rub down with 'Flitz' made it look good as new on the outside.

Next, i attacked the bore with bore cleaner and JB's - it is now shiny and smooth as a babies bottom.

Installed a new Leupold U-Slam on this afternoon and bore sighted it with a laser light.

Now I just need to find some time to go shoot it.... We have all three grandchildren here this week - it is their spring break - so, I do not have near the time I normally have.... might not get to shoot it until next week, which might not be all that bad as winter type weather has returned to the Palouse this week.

I did put a modified Lehigh NFPJ in the gun and cycled all of the primers I have through it... worked great - it should really be a clean firing gun....

Here is the first picture of what i hope will be an eye ball shooting 45 cal.... I am sending a Knight stock down to Lewiston to be camo dipped and it will eventually end up under this barreld action....

Old 03-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Aw shucks Sabotloader, what do you want with an old leftover CLASSIC like that? I bet it won't do any better than three-quarter inch hundred yard groups.

Looks good. Have you thought about painting the stock yourself? I can't remember which forum or thread it was, but I saw a do-it-yourself job that looked mighty fine a month or three back. I think the guy used that Krylon paint made for plastics.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mine cleaned up nice too. I scrubbed my barrel several times and now it really shines. Then tried the Montana Extreme bore conditioner for the first time.

The exterior needed a little TLC but not bad. I think mine is in the 17xx range so they were both pretty old.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

You're a carrier GM54, spreading the infection over long distances via the Internet. Shame! (If you run across a GM .58 barrel for a Renegade please let me know.)

EDIT: And DON'T tell Sabotloader. Sshhhh!

Last edited by Semisane; 03-31-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:30 AM
Fork Horn

Dare I ask what you guys payed for these gems???
Old 04-01-2010, 04:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I made a mistake. I checked my serial # again last nite after posting. Its 10xx not 17xx.

We got them for well under $200 :P They had a $199 tag on mine. Sabotloader's had the wrong tag for a KRB. When i went to checkout they gave us another $50 off each Elite 45.

My Extreme SS/Camo 50cal was $349 (minus 2 trigger locks) and so was a TK shotgun with thumbhole camo and several KRBs. I almost got the TK shotgun instead of the Exteme, its VERY nice but i wanted a stronger 50cal than my aging WinApex 50cal.

The two i got including SL's had some handling marks and like his a lot of dust in the bores. Now they look almost mint.

Now i have 2 Disc based Knights, 1 Green Mountain GMB54-120 and a sweet old LK93 54cal with the FPJ conversion. Plus my Accura 45 and i got back my Pedersoli Ovation 50cal.

I got the LK before Sabotloader got a chance so i owed him one. Its a total Hoot to Shoot. Thanks to Al and Sam at Knight its nearly mint too.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Semisane
You're a carrier GM54, spreading the infection over long distances via the Internet. Shame! (If you run across a GM .58 barrel for a Renegade please let me know.)

EDIT: And DON'T tell Sabotloader. Sshhhh!
Havent seen one of those BUT i know of a very nice H&R 58cal sidelock that looks kinda like a Zouave rifle. Its $450 though...maybe $400 at best....at least i think its an old H&R from early 70s or late 60s.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 04-01-2010 at 05:37 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:19 AM
Dominant Buck

very nice looking rifles there. they should shoot real nice.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another nice one. I like to use you as an example whenever my bride says something about me getting another smokepole.
Art
Old 04-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sweet...I have one inline...A Knight Disc in .50 caliber that I bought about 10 years ago...I am one that loves the Disc system...With either the 300gr Barnes or the 250 T/C Shockwaves mine is extremely accurate...

The Disc keeps you from fumbling around with primers, just open the bolt and slip a Disc in...The trigger is easily adjusted and the Green Mountain barrels are accurate...

You are gonna love it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.