Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Triumph BC LEMON?? (No just Fickle) >

Triumph BC LEMON?? (No just Fickle)

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Triumph BC LEMON?? (No just Fickle)

Old 03-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

SHulion

Yes I'm a very happy guy. At least I have something to build on. A light went on in my head when I went to the Cablela's website and read this review.

"Just tried these 250 gr. T-EZ's today in my T/C Bone Collector. Amazing accuracy! Sighting in a remounted scope and started at 25 yds and first two rounds went through the same hole. Couldn't believe it so I put a hole sticker over the hole and fired a thrid round and sure enough, right throuh the same hole again. Moved to 50 yds and largest group was 1". I was using two pellets of Pyrodex for the intitial sight in. I only had a few of the Barnes sabots with me and soon ran out of them but I can't wait to try them with 3 pellet loads next weekend. The Shockwave's I've been using produced no better than 3" groups at 50 yds and 6"-7" groups at 100 yds. T-EZ's load very easy and seat consistently without requiring a superhuman effort. Barnes made a believer out of me! I just ordered a healthy supply for an upcoming late season deer hunt in Ohio"

This guy's review mirrors my experience this morning. "The Shockwave's I've been using produced no better than 3" groups at 50 yds and 6"-7" groups at 100 yds."

I thought hey....mabe I'll try some of these.

Anyway, I'm not going to stick it in the ground. It's feels just too darn good in my hands.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

I would have said your sabots were your biggest problem. Thats what happened to me. (ex. my range reports). Just got to find the right load.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

50 Calty

I'm thinking the right sabot matched with a boattail bullet. Blackhorn powder typically likes a heavy tight fitting bullet/sabot.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes and that's where the fun comes in - and the satisfaction. Once you find the right load it tends to put a smile on your face. BTW, those yellow sabots that come with the shockwaves IMO are junk.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

AMEN bronko22000! Thats what gave my bone collector the problem.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Banned

question: Does the BC ramrod have to go in a certain way? I was playing with one at the sportsmans warehouse today and while the wrist area is chunky on the stock, the ramrod gave me pure hell.

Them boys sure get pushy when they leave the rope down and have you standing there for 10 minutes staring at the rifle rack. I finally said screw it, grabbed a traditions pursuit and looked it over and the guy approached me a few minutes later asking me go stay behind the rope ( which wasnt set up)

May want to run some JB Bore paste in that barrel too.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

MountainDevil54

May want to run some JB Bore paste in that barrel too. Yep...standard practice when I get a new ML. Gave it about 15 nice even strokes with some JB paste, prior to firing it.

I'm pretty sure I'm narrowing down to what it likes and what it doesn't like. Things I learned today.

1) Barnes Boattail bullets. (just the opposite of what my Knight ML's like...flatbase all the way in them)
2) Modest load of Blackhorn
3) A very tight fit. 0.504" Diameter (not 0.500" like the 300 SW with hyper glide)
4) Bore swabbed after every shot even though I'm using Blackhorn.

Hates

1) 300 grain Shockwave bonded bullets with Hyper Glide sabot
2) Hyper Glide sabot with any bullet
Old 03-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

The ramrod will only go in one way. It has the power "t" handle. Thats weird klundin, mine shot fine without swaping in between shots.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

The only reason I swabbed between shots is that I was thinking of trying the 0.504" bullet/sabot and thought a clean bore would be easier seating the bullet then a dirty barrel. Also when I hunt I like to clean the barrel so I don't have to worry at all about having a loaded gun with a dirty barrel for prolonged periods.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

It was a productive day today at the range.

After some tweeking I shot my first sub-MOA group with my new TC Triumph Bone Collector. After shooting 5.5" to 7.5" groups yesterday I really thought it would be impossible to get this gun to even get a 1.5" group. It knows what it likes and rejects everything it doesn't.

This was the winning combo to punch a 0.76" c-t-c group.
250 TMZ with yellow sabot
85 grains of BH209
Fed 209A primers
Average velocity 2100 fps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.