Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Savage Model 10ML II >

Savage Model 10ML II

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Savage Model 10ML II

Old 03-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default Savage Model 10ML II

Check this link out. http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/Opinions.html
I thought it was interesting, there are some other stories on the same website that shows this rifle torn apart. Do any of you guys have this rifle?
Old 03-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

How could any of use have that rifle, it was clearly owned by the fellow that improperly loaded it.

Ken
Old 03-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

50calty, You may find this an interesting read,

http://randywakeman.com/HowToBlowUpASavage10ML.htm

Ken
Old 03-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

For those that may not know it the guys that developed the Savage muzzleloader live about 30 miles from me in Greensboro, NC...This was also posted on the NC Hunting and Fishing Forum...Looks like some folks are trying to use scare tactics to keep people from buying Savage...

Funny thing is I also belong to a Traditional Muzzleloading website where they talk about Toby Bridges trying to get round balls banned as whitetail projectiles...I've killed better than 50 deer with round balls so I know they can be effective...The interesting thing is that I have books and magazine atricles from the 70s and 80s where Toby talks about the effectiveness of round balls...It is my opinion that Toby Bridges promotes what puts money in his pocket...

Now, for your reading pleasure is the link to the NC Hunting website where 1SHOT1KILL, who actually developed the Savage answers questions about the Savage muzzleloader...Read it and develop your own opinion...I am nchawkeye there as well...

http://nchuntandfish.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30429
Old 03-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

Well i guess this day and age some people will do anything for money. I thought something was fishy about that article. All the reviews that I read said it was a great rifle, alittle pricey but nice all around muzzleloader. I'm not looking to buy it just was wonder if any of you guys had this rifle and what you thought of it. I do like Savages AccuTrigger. I have it on my 17HMR, its a sweet shooting gun.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Randy Wakeman is another one to be aware of. I don't know how these guys can sleep at night.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

My savage 10ml also blew up ... a deer! several actually.
Attached Thumbnails Savage Model 10ML II-nydbl-007.jpg   Savage Model 10ML II-08muzzbuck-003.jpg   Savage Model 10ML II-nydbl-003.jpg  
Old 03-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Spike

savage smokeless never fails. 1 in ft campbell other 2 in tn
Attached Thumbnails Savage Model 10ML II-hu.jpg   Savage Model 10ML II-kasey.jpg