Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Genesis report

Old 03-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Genesis report

Range Report

We went down to our Va hunting property to hang a few stands while the snow was still around. In the afternoon after we had lunch I had about an hour to kill so I brought out the Genesis "Buckmaster edition"with a Nikon Omega scope. The temp was nice mid to upper 40's light wind. I was shooting off the deck sitting in my primos chair(used in my blind) resting my elbow on my knee. Started at 50yds then went to 100yds. It's been to long since I had just a fun shooting dont care session and man did I need it.
The JSG was opened about 3 years ago used for about a dozen shots and then sealed and put back in my safe. I'll tell you now what I liked about it...Clean, never patched between each of the JSG shots and easy to load. My complaint is it seemed the wedges were no all formed perfect so im sure not all were 50 total grains. The 777 is what the gun was originally sighted in with and I cleaned between each shot one wet and 2 dry. 777 is what it is dirty but accurate in my guns. I was shooting a couple differnt bullets and thanks to SEMI I got to try his favorite hunting bullets the SPEER GD .452/300g with a crushed rib and they were very nice. A little lower than my normal 250g but I could have raised my adjustments and been right at center. The Fpb's I just dont like, to hard to load but they are fine to shoot once you get them down the barrel. So to end this here are just 2 targets. Dam pics are to large can't upload.

Chuck
Old 03-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Dominant Buck

http://picasa.google.com/

Down load Picasa for free. It will keep track of all your photos on the computer and you can edit them as far as content, size, add text, etc..

I need to shoot my Genesis ....
Old 03-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you got to shoot and had some FUN! Im still burried in the SNOW after last weeks 2+FEET! Im hoping to get out soon, my fingers itching!
(BP)
Old 03-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Through the magic of the internet, here are your targets.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:41 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Semi..........
Old 03-08-2010, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's been said before, but if the FPB is a bullet you like and the loading is making you avoid them, you can pre-size them to your gun by pushing them through your bore when you have the BP out. After that, they load with fingers easily.

I insert them nose first into the muzzle, and push them on through one at a time, onto a soft surface. I do a whole pack, or however many I have all at once.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

looks like 100 gr trip 7 and shockwave for your genesis
Old 03-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Banned

great shooting with the JSG!

If you want to shoot 150gr, i highly suggest the APP or JSG Super Sticks.