Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Finaly Bought My First ML >

Finaly Bought My First ML

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Finaly Bought My First ML

Old 03-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Finaly Bought My First ML

First off I want to thank everyone for all their suggestions.

It's been a tough decision. I handeled all the major brands both new and used (CVA, Knight, TC, Traditions, Remington, and white. My biggest draw back was money. Every brand had at least one rifle that I liked. The TC Bone Collector is a hard to beat rifle and if anyone has the funds go for it. I could have gotten a new Knight MK 50 cal camo, with bushenell 3 - 9 pwr for $250.00 but my arther in my thumbs wouldn't let me remove and install the bolt. The TC Omega is real nice rifle that was in the running but again with my arther I would have some diffaculty putting on the 209 primers even with the tool. I found that a break action ML that breaks open like a single shot shot gun worked best for me. Traditions has nice MLs but they just wasn't me. The TC Triumph was out of my budget but I dind't like the way The cheeck pad fit, great gun but not for me.

Today I purchased from Cabella's a 50 cal CVA Accura ss with a black thumb hole stock. I handled this rifle at my local gun shop and it was well ballanced, came to sholder just the way I like, and it opend up far enough so I won't have any issues with removing the BP or installing the 209 primer. I hope you all will bear with me because I am going to have a lot of questions and will need guidence.

Thanks Again for all the suggestions.
Danny

Last edited by dburns51; 03-01-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well Danny, you sure went about it the right way.

No one can argue with your rationale or choice. You've already been surfing this forum enough so that I have no doubt your first range session will be a success.

Now, have you thought about you second one???

( I see a sidelock in your future. )
Old 03-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Semi

The TC Bone Collector is my on the future list.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first ML. I will be looking forward to your range reports.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

Steve

I will diffently be posting range reports. Thanks to both for the congrats.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

Semi
I am already putting a few sidelocks on the future list. For Starters a Hawkens and a TC Grey Hawk
Old 03-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the new rifle Db kinda wish maybe I shoulda got the T hole with mine but the reg stock shoulders nicely also,now go out and enjoy it.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!
Art
Old 03-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well Db - I think you made a fine choice. I'm sure you will find that once you find its pet load, it will be an excellent shooter. Just remember to clean her up after a shooting session. Expecially in the nooks and crannys. Strip her down and scrub it with a toothbrush if you have to. (I ususally used my wife's). And apply a quality gun oil on it and it will last you a long time.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

They are way too much fun congrats on your new purchase my son and I shoot every chance we get. Kinda expensive but thats whats great about shooting together we can go slow let the barrels cool and theres always some kinda action whether it be me or the kid to keep entertained

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.