Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Who's buying

Old 01-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I'm not planning to purchase any muzzle loaders however, if I run across another deal like they had last year on the Remington Genesis I will buy another one. Any other good deals I may pick up too. However, I doubt I will buy one for $4-500 even if it is a good deal.

I saw a Remington 700 muzzle loader the other day for $150 and I almost picked it up but I just didn't need another muzzle loader and I'm not a big Remington fan.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Spike

Breechplug

Could you please tell us more about the trouble the VP for TC got in. I have yet to hear anything about it. Curious in Idaho

Steve
www.muledeercountry.com
Old 01-22-2010, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Antler Junkie
Breechplug

Could you please tell us more about the trouble the VP for TC got in. I have yet to hear anything about it. Curious in Idaho

Steve
www.muledeercountry.com
Steve, I saw the Story on Fox Business on Monday. U.S. Athorities (accused) 22 people including a executive for S&W for violating the federal bribery laws including the sale of various arms.
The Indictments charged S&W VP for sales violating Foreign Corrupt Policies Act and Conspiracy to commit Money Laundering involving the sales of Guns and Body Armour.
The individuals were arrested on Monday.
Im surprised no one else saw this, it's been all over the news.
(BP)
Old 01-22-2010, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was a goverment sponcered "crime".
When they have no violations, they do a sting and create some crime for
job justification.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Antler Junkie

Breechplug just told me about this... I have not seen a thing a thing on local or national news about it around here. And it has not made the papers either... So I am in the dark - which is othing new - I was a government employee for years...
Old 01-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Yes! Sold the CVA wolf that I bought last year for $119 after the season and bought the CVA stainless/ realtree accura for $329 + $20 off from cabelas. I really like my Omega, but must admit the CVA shoulders more nicely IMO. I haven't shot it yet though...maybe this weekend.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by omegasmoke
I'm going to get a new Endeavor or pro hunter real soon. All the endeavors around me are over $900, $930 at Cabelas, but they have the pro hunters at Fleet Farm for $750. Is the breech plug really worth the difference?
I don't think it is that big of a deal. I have a Triumph with the SpeedBreach XT and just picked up a ProHunter with the standard SpeedBreach. To me the difference in price was not worth it. The standard BP comes out just as easy as the XT, just need the little "socket" wrench to take it out.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wont be me, I just bought a new trail cam, and I hope to buy another one before spring. I would like to buy a new stand before next year, but I dont think that will happen either.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rafsob
Thats a fine looking rifle
Old 01-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

My wife has been in Kuwait since October and won't be back until this October. I have been sneaking in guns since she left, but I think I will have to slow down. Haven't snuck in any MLs though because the two Omegas and Traditions 12ga do all the work I need from MLs. But if I come across a good deal I might buy one.

I just bought a new Mossberg 835 and $100 worth of shells last night. Along with a Ruger 10/22 with a custom laminate stock and Charles Daly Auto 20ga for the boy. And 9mm HiPoint Carbine and Marlin 22 for me since Christmas.

This one is tempting real bad though. CVA Double Barrel 12ga in .69Cal with lots of shot and balls for $400.

http://shopping.rollanet.org/categor...-or-Trade.html

Who knows what the year might keep bringing with the wife gone

I really do NEED (cough...want) a new bow this year though.

Last edited by MO Archer; 01-23-2010 at 08:45 AM.