Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight & Hale TK 2000 Muzzleloading Shotgun >

Knight & Hale TK 2000 Muzzleloading Shotgun

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight & Hale TK 2000 Muzzleloading Shotgun

Old 01-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Spike

Question Knight & Hale TK 2000 Muzzleloading Shotgun

My wife bought me one of these used...........it is in excellent condition...........first question how do you load one of these guns ?? ive never shot a muzzleloading shotgun...........can you use the 50 gr pyrodex pellets in it ??? where can i get the supplies to load it for a REASONABLE PRICE ??

I may never use this gun............i do not turkey hunt much at all............could it be used for squirrel hunting ?? IF i decide to sell it what is the actual value of a gun like this i have no idea ?? what do they sell for new ?? what should i ask for it if i sell it ??

The wife said i could trade it for a regular muzzleloader or used shotgun if i want to.............would that be a fair trade for me and anyone else involved............i am truely clueless what these guns are worth ????
Old 01-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by tcba1987
My wife bought me one of these used...........it is in excellent condition...........first question how do you load one of these guns ?? ive never shot a muzzleloading shotgun...........can you use the 50 gr pyrodex pellets in it ??? where can i get the supplies to load it for a REASONABLE PRICE ?? If you have the 209 breach plug, you can shoot pellets. Two pellets is more then plenty of powder in the TK2000. You can shoot this shot gun two ways.. gets some 12 gauge plastic shot cups and the size of shot you think best fits you. For squirrel, 7-1/2 should be fine.

I may never use this gun............i do not turkey hunt much at all............could it be used for squirrel hunting ?? yes, it can be used for squirrel, rabbit, or birds. You just load it different. IF i decide to sell it what is the actual value of a gun like this i have no idea ?? starting I have seen them for $150.00 used. what do they sell for new ?? they are no longer made but in their prime they were close to $280.00 check the gun auction sites and see what they are selling for it should give you an idea. what should i ask for it if i sell it ??

The wife said i could trade it for a regular muzzleloader or used shotgun if i want to.............would that be a fair trade for me and anyone else involved............i am truely clueless what these guns are worth ????
If you want a used muzzleloader, sell the TK first and use the profits to purchase the rifle. Unless you can find someone interested in the trade. I have a TK2000 and it is a nice shotgun.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default pellets

I would not use pyrodex or triple seven pellets in your tk2000 Shotgun ML because the pellets are made for a 50 cal ML not a 12 guage shotgun.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

Cayugad must have had a brain fart, you cannot use pellets in this gun. I do shoot the 209 primer and loose powder (110 grains). The pellets are for inlines and sized for either 45 or 50 caliber, the 12 guage is larger than the pellet size considerably so if you load the pellets and put a shot cup full of lead on top you have created an air pocket between the pellet and your gun which is very bad. Read the manual on page 9, http://images.ebsco.com/pob/knightri...mplete_web.pdf

it talks about powder loads and shoot loads recommended which is a good place to start. It mentions to not use pelletized powder as well. I can honestly say I took a bird at 62 yards with 110 grains of powder and 2-1/2 oz. of lead shot in a shot cup with this gun. I got rid of my other shotguns and this is the one I use for birds. They do make different chokes if you can find them, the one that comes with them can shoot anything well. I get me supplies from here
http://www.ballisticproducts.com/

They seem to have everything and their prices are resonable.

For squirrels I would use 60 70 grains of powder and 1 oz lead and shoot for head shots and it would work fine. I always wanted to try this on rabbits but never got to it.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Dominant Buck

You two are right... I saw the 209 primer and forgot all about the size of the bore. I was thinking the charges and shot sizes. Forgot all about that pellet part. Actually Gotbuck told me the charge and shot to use in mine. I use 100 grains of Pyrodex RS and the same shot cup, and I am not changing.