Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
shot the Triumph today >

shot the Triumph today

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

shot the Triumph today

Old 01-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default shot the Triumph today

Loaded dry box up for shooting the new Triumph,even though it was extremely windy.located a spot in a wash that was semi protected fronm the wind,but not ideal bye any means.set a target up at about 35 yds and dumped in 75 gr 777 and a 460 gr no excuse conical.got 2 rounds off before we had to go, my wife the nurse got a call for extra shift work and we had to go.off hand in a stiff wind with this load 2 shots 2" spread.trigger was extremely smooth and recoil was light.next time out will take bags and table and hopefully have more time for experimenting with with amount of powder.these conicals are .503 dia and slide down the barrel nicely,Dave the bullet co owner suggested between 80-90 gr loads in a .50 cal for this bullet.i think they have potential for good accuracy out of the triumph.wife has a wolverine youth model coming in mail and we will try them in it also.have some barnes TEZ and some Sw's to try also.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:15 PM
tjj
Fork Horn

Thanks for the post Builder. I've been wondering how the Triumph would do on big conicals. Sounds encouraging. Keep us updated on your findings, especially at longer distances. You should have the MRS try 100gr

Last edited by tjj; 01-16-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

A 100 gr lol,that might thump a little.like i mentioned Dave from no excuse told me 80-90 is best accuracy wise for that bullet in a 50 cal.looking forward to seeing how they shoot in the wifes wolverine also.