Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
The Last Sinful Sister >

The Last Sinful Sister

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The Last Sinful Sister

Old 01-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default The Last Sinful Sister

Sometimes you get lucky. Yesterday I traded a .22 Long Rifle I haven't shot in years to a guy that lives nine miles from me for a pristine .50 Renegade. Lord help me, I almost peed my pants. It didn't even have any pitting around the nipple seat.

So now there are three Sinful Sidelock Sisters with Simmons 4X ProDiamond scopes and Green Mountain barrels - a .45 Long Range Hunter 1:30 twist, a .50 LRH 1:28 twist, and a .54 ball shooter 1:70 twist.

Don't know yet what I'm going to to with that fine TC factory barrel. I sure don't need any more Renegades.

(What you talking about boy? You ain't got no .58! Besides, you might run across a Renne with a rusted out barrel real cheap to put that pristine barrel on. Also, you have that 15/16" GM .50 LRH barrel sitting in the closet without a stock. You ain't nowhere near finished.)

Naw, I really don't need any more.

(Need? Need? Who said anything about NEED? You just put yourself another ad in the Louisiana Sportsman and see what happens. Do it now, ya` hear.)

Uh-uh, I really shouldn't do that. Well........maybe......just for fun.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hope you have kids or grandkids to pass them on to...

Nice group...
Old 01-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Semi

Lordy - lordy what else is there to say....
Old 01-13-2010, 12:17 PM
kb1
Fork Horn

those are beuties .what do you shoot out of that .45
Old 01-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've been shooting .40 200 grain XTPs so far KB1. But I'll be doing a lot of experimenting with it after hunting season is over. They're hard to find right now, but .41/210grain Gold Dots load just fine in it and I can't wait to lay in a supply of them to play with. Also, .452/300 grain Gold Dots fit the bore perfectly. I plan to try them sabotless in a month or two.

Here's my last target with the XTPs.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:48 PM
kb1
Fork Horn

my .45 has to big a bore to go sabotless with copper clad but i found a cheap supply of 325gr.buffalo bullet conicals i want to try and also 200gr. xtp's....karl
Old 01-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Time for old Semi to join MLA (Muzzle Loaders Anonyomous) - But he just may be too far gone.
Cayugad - maybe you better help him and give him some words of advice as to what too many muzzies will do to you.

BTW Semi - Iffin you want to try and get rid of this addiciton, you can always send me 1 or 2 of those sinful looking pieces to keep safely out of your hands.

Last edited by bronko22000; 01-13-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: more info
Old 01-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I knew he was a lost cause when he started getting Great Plains Rifles, Zouave rifles and fancy barrels. You just can't stop some of these kids from loosing control.

I have not bought a rifle since my Genesis. I came close though, had to throw myself head first into a snow back to get back to my senses. I about froze my hairless old head that day.

And there lies the problem with him... Semi Sane. Semi lost his senses... He's half way to the dark side already, with three beautiful rifles. Even though they do have scopes... He just could not help himself.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Uh-Oh!! Just got this in my e-mail. What's a guy to do????

SUBJECT: Wanted: TC Sidehammer

I have a .45 cal TC Seneca and my Dad has a .45 cal TC Hawken. The Seneca is
factory buil, is in like new condition and is 25 years old. The Hawken is built
from a kit and the bluing shows quite a bit of wear. It is also around 25 years
old. I haven't decided if I want to let them go yet, but I may be talked into
it. Let me know and I will ask my Dad if he would part with his as well. I
will see if I can get you some pictures if you are interested.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Semi you just got to drop this sinful business I can't use irons any more and I likely had scopes on my Renegade and Hawken rifles before you were born. Now you come along and say thats sinful. Lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.