Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The weather

Old 01-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The weather

Well it doesnt look like I'm gonna be hunting this weekend. The temp is supposed to get down to 0 or a little below friday and saturday night. I was wanting to go to the cabin and do some hog hunting, but with that kind of temps I dont think I would last very long. This is Arkansas its not supposed to get that cold here, this is cayugad weather not ours. Oh its snowing here to.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

A norther blew into this part of OK tonight. At about 4 pm today a friend and i will go to the heated trailer blind on his place. It overlooks a feeder; maybe the hogs will come out.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Typical Buck

Never fear-Al Gore has his crack team working on a solution to man made changes in the jet stream. Should not take much longer,they been smoking that stuff for years.

Charlie
Old 01-07-2010, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tell me about it. Saturday is the last day of PA's flintlock season and the last couple days I've been driven back inside by sleet and blinding snow. I'm hoping this evening I'll make it out. They are calling for only flurries, so hopefully they'll be on the move (for as much as they can move in three and half feet of snow).
Old 01-07-2010, 06:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Well it is snowing here. They are calling for six inches, so its not too much to get worried about. And its warm too, 14 degrees out. Got the wood stove roaring, and coffee on the stove... This is a great way to spend the winter. Although I might go shooting this afternoon. I like to shoot when it snows. It adds a hunting condition type challenge to the range.

Actually Gregrn this might be the perfect time to go hunting. Them deer react to that weather too. Especially if this is uncommon for them. They often feed heavy before the storm, then bed down during the storm. Of course you'd probably have to walk them out. And with trespass laws, that is getting hard to do in some places. Better luck to you when it warms up.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

Suck it up and get out there man. Put on some layers and go. I never let the weather control my hunting, and I've hunted in some nasty cold weather.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, go Hunting! It's that kind of Weather we like for Hunting here. It get's everything looking for food. It the opposite here, we dont go Hunting when it's warm.LOL! It's been like Cayugad's weather here, COLD and Snowy. Even the Deer have been camped out in My yard everynight eating the Apples that are left from the Fall. We have 5 Apple Trees and they were loaded this year and I did'nt pick them up I left em for the critters this year.
Last night there were 9 Deer feeding about 5yds from my front door and 1 foot from my Truck, the Wife and I watched em till 3 this Morning. Today I think I'll go get some bags of Corn to help supplement there diet. Ol Breechplug does have a heart after the Season ends. I feel if they survived BowHunting, Shotgun Season and Late ML Season then they deserve a treat. I'll keep up the food for the rest of the harsh Winter.
When we go shopping and come home the Deer are bedded in the yard and dont even care if were there.
(BP)
Old 01-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Banned

freezing here too. Went down to 1.6* lastnight
Old 01-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's projected to get down to 27* here in the New Orleans suburbs tonight, and 22* at the hunting lease 70 miles North, where I'm heading to around 8 p.m. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:14 PM
mountaineer magic

The litle snow we were suppose to get turned out to be a blizzard worse than the last one. High today -3 with windchill the high is -31. I figure in a couple of days when it is 0 it will feel warm enough that I'll be itching to go hunting. Hoping to be able to go saturday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.