Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Authorities Seek Sinful Renegade >

Authorities Seek Sinful Renegade

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Authorities Seek Sinful Renegade

Old 12-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Authorities Seek Sinful Renegade

Greensburg Louisiana/27 Dec 2009: A one hundred pound four and a half year old whitetail doe was found dead today just three miles North of town.

Members of a semi-secret organization known as the "St. Helena Parish Honey Hole Hunting Club" report hearing an unusual noise at 8:12 a.m. "It sounded like an explosion" said one of the members who refused to identify himself. After hearing the unexplained noise several of the organization's members conducted a search which continued for almost an hour before the body was found.

A member of the elite Greensburg Crime Scene Investigations unit reports that the doe was apparently struck while peacefully browsing French Mulberry. "There's no doubt the intent was to kill" said one investigator, "she suffered massive trauma to the chest wall caused by a projectile that entered her left side, destroyed both lungs, and exited her right side". There was clear evidence that the attack was launched from 65 yards away.

Though the perpetrator has not been identified, an unnamed source reports that a .45 caliber Thompson Center Renegade has been known to frequent the area of the attack and is being sought as a "unit of interest". In a statement to authorities, the Renegade's frequent companion - a man know only as Semisane - said "I just knew there was going to be trouble the day she started wearing that scope. 'That's just sinful' I said, 'sidelocks got no business wearing fancy glass like that'. But she didn't pay me no nevermind."

Semisane said the Renegade was fond of using 85 grains of GOEX FFFg powder to launch .40 caliber 200 grain Hornady XTPs wrapped in Harvester H4540 sabots. "I seen her punch an awful lot of paper with those things" he said, "but she ain't never flung them at a living creature before".

In keeping with his personal beliefs and past practices, Semisane has volunteered to care for the victim's remains and will be holding traditional services with family members in attendance.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

Another great story by "Semisane" as per usual!! Good shootin' and better eatin'!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Great story and congrats on the harvest. Looks like maybe a backstrap New Years eve dinner could be in the works.
Chuck
Old 12-29-2009, 11:25 AM
mountaineer magic

Congrats. It's a good thing that there is always someone like yourself willing to come and help clean up the crime scene. I assume this story is from the "Blackpowder Gazette". I was going to subscribe to that publication til I heard the editor was half nuts.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:52 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

great writeup,congrats............karl
Old 12-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Another deer on the ground and another cool story
Congrats brother.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:27 PM
sup
Spike

Great story.. congrats.. Way to go.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Semi

Gee Whiz! you really missed your calling... you should write novels - you could write the next series of Harry Potter...

Thanks a ton for the enjoyment...

jis does seem rite that u use a magifier on dat der Renegade....
Old 12-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Instead of cremation of the body... I like mine medium rare. Way to go there Semi. How far did she run after being hit by that little XTP? I have been shooting them myself and they are very accurate.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks all.

jis does seem rite that u use a magifier on dat der Renegade....
I know that Sabotloader - it ain't right and I admit it . But I can tell you it turned a 75 yard gun (for my eyes) into a 175 yard gun, so it's staying on there. Heck, it's like hemorrhoids - a little painful at first, but you get used to it.

How far did she run after being hit by that little XTP?
Cayugad, she ran somewhere between 100 and 125 yards. Amazing, because both lungs were shredded. I'll post a full report on the bullet's performance later today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.