Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Been Awhile

Old 12-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Been Awhile

Hey guys it's been about a year and a half since I posted last but I have been lurking again. I've lost my mother and father and a brother in that time and it took alot out of me for awhile. I finally shot a little this fall and enjoyed it like I used to. I'll have to get aother gun or two as I sold most of mine last summer. I have a knight disc with the extreme conversion and a white U Mag. I've been looking at a new apex in 50 cal. Nice looking rifle. Probably have to sell the White to get it though! Look forward to getting back in the swing again.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tenmilephenom

Hey Tenmile! Welcome back it has been awhile - really sorry to here about the family losses - you have been really tested...

Glad to here that you are getting some shooting in... It is great therapy....

Underclocked has an Apex and he has really offered a lot of positive feedback on it. I am such an old foaggy I see the letters CVA and still cringe...
Old 12-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Glad you're back Tenmile. Those losses must have been devastating. We all know that life must go on - but that doesn't make it any easier. Hang in there and make some smoke.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Howdy again, tenmile.

Mike, it took me a long time to get over that same cringe but the Accura won me over. The Apex is even more of a good thing (in many ways). As a 'muzzleloader only' the Accura is probably the better value.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

UC

But the Accura is so U-gly - if they were going to copy a stock look from TC/NEF/and one other company that started whole thing - why choose that design & the thmbhole is even more odd looking - but hey that just me!
Old 12-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Guy that comes to camp with us during our muzzy season has an optima something-I dont like the feel of it and the accura looks to have the same stock, But I could be wrong. The Apex looks to have a more straighter conventional stock.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tenmile its good to hear from you again, sorry about the family. I know what that does to you, I lost my Mom,Dad Wife and daughter in law about 7 years a go and have never started doing some of the things I used to again.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Hear ya Lee, its hard to get back into some things ya used to do and some things ya used to do just don't seem so important anymore!
Old 12-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Welcome back. I'd keep the White. But to each their own. As long as it gets you out shooting..
Old 12-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear of all the troubles you've been through!

The Accura's kick butt. Sabotloader needs to pick one up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.