HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   How many modern inlines do you have? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/313320-how-many-modern-inlines-do-you-have.html)

saltflyz 12-24-2009 11:29 AM

How many modern inlines do you have?

I have a T/C Omega and a CVA Wolf. I really like the Omega and like the Wolf pretty well, although admittedly, I haven't shot it enough. I see people continually comparing the accura to the Triumph and I'm getting tempted by the cabelas sale on the accuras, particularly with an additional $20 off from a mailer. I need some of you hard core enthusiasts to make me feel better about potentially having 3 of these things!

Merry xmas

MountainDevil54 12-24-2009 11:35 AM

Only one inline. CVA Accura My girl friend though after tax returns wants to buy me a new muzzleloader. It most likely will be the .45 Accura LOL.

Semisane 12-24-2009 11:40 AM

I have only two in-lines, a Lyman Mustang and a TC Omega X7. Those, along with a half dozen sidelocks give me a lot of variety.

Still, I've been mighty tempted by the two TC Triumphs with $175 price tags that are sitting on a shelf at the WalMart near my sister's house. I've had to aviod visiting my sister for the last two weeks. I hope they sold those suckers.

fusion 12-24-2009 11:49 AM

Two inlines, Savage 10ml11 and CVA Accura that I just picked and am dying to shoot.

kb1 12-24-2009 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Semisane (Post 3538280)
I have only two in-lines, a Lyman Mustang and a TC Omega X7. Those, along with a half dozen sidelocks give me a lot of variety.

Still, I've been mighty tempted by the two TC Triumphs with $175 price tags that are sitting on a shelf at the WalMart near my sister's house. I've had to aviod visiting my sister for the last two weeks. I hope they sold those suckers.

YOU could have bought a triumph for $175.i don't think your semisane any more:)

Steve F.in MD 12-24-2009 11:51 AM

I have two TC Black Diamonds and a TC Thunderhawk. Don't see the need to replace them.

Nimrodder 12-24-2009 12:02 PM

Go for it! I have six:cool15:. One .451, 4 .50's and one .54.

Semisane 12-24-2009 12:03 PM

YOU could have bought a triumph for $175.i don't think your semisane any more
They are still on the shelf as far as I know kb1.

When I first saw them I told the sporting goods manager that they would probably be sold before the store closed that night. He said "no way - I marked them down over a month ago. We've sold only three muzzle loaders the entire year". This is because last year Louisiana went from a "muzzle loader" season to a "primitive weapons" season that allows many models of single shot cartridge rifles. All of the once-a-year hunters are buying NEF 45-70s instead of muzzle loaders. I'm sure they will stop carrying MLs and ML supplies.

I just might go there after Christmas and offer him $100 each for both of them. :) :biggrin: :s2: :s2::s2::s2:

lemoyne 12-24-2009 12:09 PM

Well you said MODERN inlines, so I can not count the plunger style. That leaves 3 the Omega,Triumph and Endeavor. The System One, Bighorn and Thunderhawk are obsolete so they don't count.

cayugad 12-24-2009 12:53 PM

I still consider my plunger style inline rifles under the modern area. So that means I have 9 of them.

CVA Staghorn Magnum .50 caliber
Knight Disc .50 caliber
Knight Wolverine LK-II .50 caliber
Knight Wolverine LK-93 .50 caliber
Remington Genesis .50 caliber
T/C Black Diamond XR .50 caliber
White Model 97 Ultra Mag .504 caliber
White G Series Bison .504 caliber
White Model 97 .451 caliber

The modern break open inline rifles I do not need. They are no more accurate or weather resistant then the ones I have now. When these models let me down, I might consider a new one. I also have enough side lock rifles to pick up the slack that the inline rifles don't cover.