Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

how'd i do?

Old 12-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default how'd i do?

i had a post on here about the rem. genesis, after the responses i decided to buy american. but i didn't have enough to get a tc, so i took my 4inch gp100. the shop had a new tc omega z5, the shop gave me the omega and $225.00 for my gp100. how'd i do?, was that a good deal? i know some will say if i'm happy it was, and i'm very happy, its my first tc and i wished i'd saved long ago and got one. i have always bought the lower cost brand, and while they have got the job done, the difference in quality is easily seen. so did i do ok from a trade standpoint?, thanks for any help.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

A good trade is when both parties are happy. Since you claim you are I think you did fine. I traded two pistols and a shotgun for a motorcycle. The guns were worth more but I was not using them. I am using the motorcycle so I did OK too. It is not always about the exact money value of the items.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Boomer

I think ML hit the naol on the head - if you feel good the trade was good....
Old 12-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you did great, money-wise. Hope you like the Z5, I know I love mine.