Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
help finding breech plugs >

help finding breech plugs

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

help finding breech plugs

Old 12-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Spike

Thumbs down help finding breech plugs

my friend just picked up a brand new knight rolling block stainless and synthetic for $179 and wants to get ahold of a couple extra breech plugs since knight is out of buisness where is the best place to order them or any place for that matter none of the local gun shops have any. any help would be much appreciated thank you.

p.s. this rifle is a shooter im just not crazy about taking out the trigger mechanism to prime it but hell under 200 bucks for stainless and a green mtn barrel why not
Old 12-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

What do you mean about taking out the trigger mechanism to prime it? I have one and that is not required. Not sure about the source for another breechplug.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

redneckmike87

Cal Knight they are still providing parts - they just are not making ML's at this point...

Knight Rifles Customer Service
1-800-696-1703 Ext 2128 2101

[email protected]

Centerville
641 856-2624
Parts extension: 143
Warranty (Sam): 104
Warranty Work Alabama: Gordy
Old 12-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got one too. The very one you're talking about. I love it. But, if you are having to take out the trigger assembly to prime it, something's wrong.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Spike

i never messed with it i was shooting my omega but he was using the lever behind the trigger guard and dropping the whole assembly out and sliding the 209 in those grooves then fighting the assembley back in from the bottom if there is an easier way please let me know cuz he is the kind of guy who throws away the manual and never reads it. you know the kind that never read any directions but overall i liked the rifle except the hammer saftey thing that pivots
Old 12-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Spike

RNM,
Know what you mean. Easiest way to prime the KRB is to buy a BRASS priming tool that is made for the 209 primers. I don't remember who makes it (Traditions?, CVA?). It makes it SO MUCH EASIER. Especially in freezing weather when cold fingers become clumsy and unco-operative.
Good luck and have fun!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Spike

I know what you mean it took me 15 minutes to figure out how to prime the dang thing also.. Knight was kind enough to send me a gun for a muzzy article I was commissioned to write. Unfortunately it didn't come with a manual so I had to figure everything out for myself.

It easy to do once you figure it out. I will explain it the best I can.
First pull the hammer back, then pull back the second lever that is in front of the hammer. This will expose the breach. When you have this pulled back the 209 primer sets in the groves of the u shape primer holder. You do not put the 209 on the nipple it sits on the u shaped holder and as you close this lever it primes itself.

I tried dropping the trigger at first, but I could get it to close back up when I primed it manually. I hope this is what you were looking for. If not sorry to waste your time.

Best Regards

Steve
www.muledeercountry.com
Old 12-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Spike

thanks that is exactly what i was looking for and im sure my friend will be happy with that info he was having a hell of a time if that thing didnt shoot so good im sure he would have chucked it in the creek but good for it that it does shoot so well. i liked it but im not trading my omega in for one anytime soon. if i had the extra coin the old lady would be shooting one though. ( she is on me about an endevor but that aint happening until i get mine. lol) but thanks guys
Old 12-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Spike

i showed him how today and he lit up like a kid at christmas and loves his krb even more
Old 12-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Spike

Glad I could help! It's kind of funky how it works, but once you get used to it you won't be able to put it down. A Green Mountain barrel for that price was a steal! Enjoy the gun.

Steve
www.muledeercountry.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.