Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Green Mountain LRH barrel >

Green Mountain LRH barrel

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Green Mountain LRH barrel

Old 12-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default Green Mountain LRH barrel

Hello, I need to replace the front sight on my Green Mountain LRH barrel, was walking through the woods and smacked my TC Hawken up side a tree, broke the front fiber optic sight. need to know where to get a new one and maybe a spare too. I see they have 3 different sizes. .450 .500 .550 what size do I need ? And where can I find um at a fare price? thanks Steve
Old 12-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

Did you just break the optic or the entire sight The optics are easy to replace I bought 3 differen colors about 8 inches each for under 10.oo on line Juat do a google search for fiber optic
Old 12-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

Nope, broke one of the metal bands that holds the fiber optic stuff in also. Thanks, Steve
Old 12-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you have an archery shop near you, most of them have the fiber optic filaments in stock.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

steviebiggun

The LRH that I have came with a .550, but it is to tall... If you want to know what you have measure from the bottom of the dove tail to the the top of one of the rings that holds the fiber optic. If you have a mic - you can measure it.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:42 PM
Spike

How do you like that barrel? I am thinking of ordering one for my T/C Hawken. Have it on backorder right now. Worth it?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a stainless steel LRH in (2).50 and .45 caliber. They are a top quality rifle barrel able to shoot much better then I am. I load 110 grains of Goex and a .430 300 grain XTP in a green crushed rib sabot and it will do wonders on the target range. They will also shoot conicals as well.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

PM me with your address. I'll send you mine. I hate 'em double images in my glasses.