Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Can the Omega trigger be improved? >

Can the Omega trigger be improved?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Can the Omega trigger be improved?

Old 12-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default Can the Omega trigger be improved?

I hate the trigger on my TC Omega, can these be "tweaked" at all?

Thanks
Old 12-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't even figger how to take it apart...those pins are in there for good ...if you can get in there, you will probably just hafta so some sear shining, maybe give it a little moly. When I did my 22 trigger, I also clipped a coil off the spring and stretched it just a tad..
Old 12-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Z5 should not be taken apart, the regular Omega can be but unless its some one who is well experienced say at least an armature gun smith, they may have problems getting it back together. Yes there are several parts that can be hone and molly or graphite will help more after honing. Also if you just leave them alone they will gradually polish them selves. I added a drop of oil with polishing compound to my Z5 at the critical points until it polished it self the washed it out with WD40 and started oiling with synthetic oil.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

I occasionaly spray mine with Birchwood Casey Moly Lube. Seems to help quite a bit.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

I would contact TC. Mine came with an excellent trigger. I shot a buck last week at 163 yds (lazered). This afternoon I shot a doe farther than that. Without a good trigger I would not attempt those kind of shots.

Charlie
Old 12-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

weatherby460

PM underclocked he might be able to help you out. I have had mine apart but the trigger pull is very good so I was not after that.

And - last resort - TC will improve your trigger - especially if yours is an older original...
Old 12-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say that if you are not practiced at working on triggers - leave it alone. Don't modify any springs. But if you do go into the trigger, I would try first honing down the ridges that TC likes to leave (due to their finishing process) on the surfaces of those components. Don't go any farther than just smoothing ridges down and you should see substantial improvement just from that operation.

I wasn't aware of the Z5 trigger being made differently so can't comment on that trigger if it is. Other Omega triggers are actually easy to disassemle / re-assemble. Use your camera to take detailed pics of everything you do so that you can later see how everything goes back together.

I am not advising you do any of that yourself and would first recommend you try TC's customer service.