Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Any NEF Guys Out There? >

Any NEF Guys Out There?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Any NEF Guys Out There?

Old 12-08-2009, 07:03 AM
Typical Buck

I don't think anyone mentioned that the MU plug also has a hex head so that the goofy NEF tool is not required to remove it. I have a Huntsman that I just bought used as the price was too good to pass up. I also intended it for a backup rifle. With the exception of my Whites I consider the Huntsman a primary rifle now. It shoots conicals as well as the Whites and is close to as easy to deal with on reloading after the first shot. With BH209 and the new MU plug even that is now not a problem.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Doug!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

Gave Nick a call and ordered the new plug. I am looking forward to some great shooting time with it.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by rafsob
Gave Nick a call and ordered the new plug. I am looking forward to some great shooting time with it.
Well I got the new plug and was very surprised on the condition. The plug was never finished properly. It had many burs throughout the threaded area of the plug. The starting and finishing threads were completely damaged and ragged. They were also never cleaned or dressed out. It took a lot of work to get it to screw into the gun smoothly.

I called up the company and they didn't seem to really care. I told them I hoped that it would work at the range and if it didn't, I would be sending it back for a refund.

I don't know, but I seem to always have this happen to me. Why can't I get a poduct that is in good shape??? Hope it works.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

rafsob,

Don't kick yourself. You've done all one can expect of a customer. You paid good money for it. They are the ones who are lacking. Keep us posted.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

Originally Posted by Pglasgow
rafsob,

Don't kick yourself. You've done all one can expect of a customer. You paid good money for it. They are the ones who are lacking. Keep us posted.
I will. I want this to work and want to shoot the BH209 powder in the Sidekick. I will be taking it to the range week after next and will get back to all.

I will be in the woods next week looking for bambi's daddy. Got tow more tags to fill!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

I ordered 2 MU plugs, both where in good shape.
I have only used 1 so far, it screwed in by hand, no problem.

Slack
Old 12-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Spike

Rafsob, sorry to hear that. Like Slack, I ordered two and they arrived in good shape. I did notice that they were not as polished as others I have bought, but they both screwed in by hand without modification.

The MU plug has been very useful in almost eliminating all blow back as well as making almost any 209 primer ignite BH209, even the vari-flame adapters with small rifle primers in them.

I can remove all spent 209 primers with my fingers. I have not experienced any stuck primers. One o-ring has lasted over 50 shots for me. The o-rings are #60's (if I remember correctly) and can be bought from Lowe's in a 10 pack for a couple of dollars.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Spike

this is an old thread but would like to know if these plugs are still made or available
Old 01-31-2012, 04:06 PM
Spike

Default Miss those little guns...

In 2006 I shot for NEF, this was before NEF and Marlin was taken over by Remington. They sent me the gun in Jan. and after some trigger and sight work , I took it to the NMLRA Western Nationals in AZ. in Feb. I don't think I shot more than 100 shots before the Nationals....maybe 1000 dry fire shots though...lol
They were great little guns.. I was able to bring a Nat. 100yrd. offhand(iron sights) record of 44/50 home and to win the Agg. using 90gr. of FF Goex - 45 grs. of cream of wheat and a 240 gr. Barnes.
Great memories.....
Attached Thumbnails Any NEF Guys Out There?-rifle-shooting-awards.jpg   Any NEF Guys Out There?-more-shooting-awards.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.