Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight LK-93 209 Conversion and White Hots >

Knight LK-93 209 Conversion and White Hots

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight LK-93 209 Conversion and White Hots

Old 12-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Spike

In regard to the 209 conversion;
I have an MK-85 and a Wolverine 209. I have placed the Wolverine's bolt assembly and breech plug in the MK-85. All I gained was more blow back and less accuracy with loose T7. I was using the FPJ. I also tried the non-FPJ breech plug. After a few shots, the magnet that is in the non-FPJ breech plug would pop out with the spent 209 primer. At one point the magnet crushed between the breech plug and plunger. I don't have a favorable opinion on that non-FPJ conversion solution. My MK-85 does fine with #11 cap so that is where I have left it.

In regard to White Hots;
I have tried them in an NEF Huntsman using the Metrics Unlimited breech plug and Rem STS 209 primer and it went off fine. They seemed to have the same performance as the regular T7 pellets. I did get a crud ring in the Huntsman and the groups opened up using the pellets. If I had wanted to stay with the pellets, I may have found a good recipe using other primers. I have had no problem igniting B209 in the Wolverine 209 so I would think that it should be able to ignite the White Hots.