Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Range Report:

Old 11-30-2009, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Range Report:

I took my TC 54cal Renegade out over the weekend to get ready for deer season which starts on Dec. 1st. The weather was fairly cool and I had a decent head wind in my face. I set up at 40yds and I loaded it up with my usual load of 100gr FFG KIK, Dry Wad, and .530 patched roundball. My first shot was a little higher due to the clean barrel but I was pleased to see my next 3 shots cloverleaf about an inch below the first shot. It was hitting a little to the left for some reason so I decided to move my sights a bit. After I moved my sights my next shot landed right about where I wanted it. After that it all went to hell. My next few shots were all over the place! I think it was because I had a good head wind and my eyes were getting watery. Maybe I was starting to pull it a bit to. Not sure.

This gun has always shot this load really well and I was really excited to see if cloverleaf. Not sure what happened at the end there but I know it had to be me.

Cant wait to go hunting tomorrow! Hope I get a big muley.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Good shooting... and good luck
Old 12-01-2009, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did you swab between shots? The only thing I can think of is the gun was getting dirty. Of course, the wind and your eyes watering did not help things.