Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
CVA Accura vs T/C Omega Z5 >

CVA Accura vs T/C Omega Z5

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Accura vs T/C Omega Z5

Old 11-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default CVA Accura vs T/C Omega Z5

Which one do I get? Prices are comparable and both are blued/composite. This is my first Muzzleloader. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Banned

accura. easier to clean, solid stock ( tc is flexy and has issues) awesome trigger on the accura. Great feeling muzzy overall, you wont regret it
Old 11-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get a Triumph, its what you would end up with if you knew the guns well enough.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would take the Accura over the Omega any day of the week.

And I've actually owned and shot both.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:44 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by lemoyne
Get a Triumph, its what you would end up with if you knew the guns well enough.
I agree, get a Triumph. If your only choice though is the Accura or Omega. I have both and the Omega is hands down the winner.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd take the Omega but not with the tupperware stock.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Spike

Get Omega . I have it for 4 yrs .. I d never sell it . Very good gun enable to shoot out to 150 yards. No time to experient farthest range
Old 11-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

chet, for me it is just the opposite. The Omegas tortured my trigger hand due to the small design of the guard, the recoil was brutal with any significant load, the synthetic stocks were flimsy, the hammers aren't overly friendly and not suitable for an extension, and the triggers were borderline lousy. The Omega does not fit me, no way... no how.

The Accura left nothing but a smile on my face from the first shot.

I've not owned a Triumph nor ever even fired one so won't comment on one, but the question was choice between Omega and Accura.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go with the ACCURA, I liked it so much I got 2 more, one for me and one for my wife! Hands down the most accurate easiest cleaning smoothest trigger pull MLer's I have ever owned.
(BP)
Old 11-28-2009, 02:08 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Underclocked
chet, for me it is just the opposite. The Omegas tortured my trigger hand due to the small design of the guard, the recoil was brutal with any significant load, the synthetic stocks were flimsy, the hammers aren't overly friendly and not suitable for an extension, and the triggers were borderline lousy. The Omega does not fit me, no way... no how.

The Accura left nothing but a smile on my face from the first shot.

I've not owned a Triumph nor ever even fired one so won't comment on one, but the question was choice between Omega and Accura.
I agree with Underclocked completely, of the two go with the Accura. I also own a Triumph and if you throw it into the mix to me it would be a toss up between the Triumph and the Accura. Triumph is a light rifle so recoil is a bit rough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.