Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
CVA Accura vs T/C Omega Z5 >

CVA Accura vs T/C Omega Z5

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Accura vs T/C Omega Z5

Old 11-28-2009, 02:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
Go with the ACCURA, I liked it so much I got 2 more, one for me and one for my wife! Hands down the most accurate easiest cleaning smoothest trigger pull MLer's I have ever owned.
(BP)
I forgot to mention as others have stated the recoil from the ACCURA is light, with my load anyway. I shoot 105gr's of Pyro I dont even notice the recoil. With a scope the ML is a bit on the heavy side but I like it that way as it absorbes most of the recoil. Also our weather here so far in N.Y. has been mostly rain, the ACCURA (SS Barrel) has stood up to the rain with no problems, a quick wipe with some light MX when Im done and Im good to go. Also I loaded the ACCURA on 11/20/09 the day befor our Season Opened, through rain most of the week with it's original load it fired just fine on Thanksgiving day when I harvested a nice fat 136lb Doe.
(BP)
Old 11-28-2009, 05:33 AM
Typical Buck

If you want to shoot full bore conicals at any time in the future you will be unhappy with the Omega. I have one and if I were to do it over again I would go with the Accura. I have a Bergara barrel on my Optima Elite and it is a great barrel and will handle full bore conicals as well as sabot loads. The Omega will not shoot any full bore conicals other than Powerbelts with any consistency. The Omega trigger is not super either.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MLKeith
If you want to shoot full bore conicals at any time in the future you will be unhappy with the Omega. I have one and if I were to do it over again I would go with the Accura. I have a Bergara barrel on my Optima Elite and it is a great barrel and will handle full bore conicals as well as sabot loads. The Omega will not shoot any full bore conicals other than Powerbelts with any consistency. The Omega trigger is not super either.
+1 on the conical issue, with the trigger it's like most guns with non-adjustable triggers, you either get a good one or you don't. I have two Omegas, the trigger on my X7 is actually better than on my thumbhole although both are more than acceptable...and I'm picky with my triggers. I don't have any evidence to support this but I'm curious is the more recent and cheaper Omegas are built as well as have as good of triggers as mine (which are older).
Old 11-28-2009, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got one of the first Omega's when they came out.It shoots anything well with the right powder charge and shoots to the same spot right from the first shot so I don't need to fire a fouling shot and clean the gun every time I hunt.Love it!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can understand the recoil issue, some people are more sensitive to it than others especially the woman and kids, but there's two sides to that coin also if you use a heavy rifle to absorb the recoil the you have to lug a heavy rifle around. Recoil does not bother me but I noticed the difference with my new Endeavor it really absorbs the recoil like a 12 pound rifle and only weights about 7.5. If you have a recoil problem the Bone Collector might be a good choice. Is the Accura the one they copied off the Triumph? Lee
Old 11-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Banned

oh here we go with the copying crying. TC and everyone else all "copy" after all, knight was the first to make a mass producted inline, right?

Accura is still a better gun VS the omega. I had the omega and while it was nice, im much happier with the accura. easier to clean, open sights that actually work, beautiful stock that aligns your eye with the open sights. awesome recoil pad.

The only thing the triump has the Accura beat on is that TC is available with a nice pricy painted barrel while the Accura comes with only blued or real stainless steel.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, I believe H&R was the first - with a break open muzzleloader nearly 40 years ago. There has been a lot of "copying" since. And that design was based upon a break open shotgun which was probably based upon ???

Sort of a dead horse.

Lee, the issue of recoil is exacerbated by a poorly fitting stock. The Winchester 94 in 30-30 is hardly known as a recoil demon - but it is on my cheek. I would rather shoot a .338 Win Mag in a bolt action with a decent stock design. You have your likes and dislikes and some of the rest of us have ours. I will take an Accura over anything comparable that TC offers, and an Apex over the rest.

Or is it the American made thing? I can actually sympathize with that feeling but one has to consider value.

I have not been blind to CVA over the years. They've only recently started making anything that I regarded any higher than trash - but they are for dern sure making some nice rifles now.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

One must first go to your local gun shop and physically hold and handle as many different brands available. The forum is great for advise but you first must see what fells good to you. One that fits and fells good for one person might not have the fell your looking for. As spaniel said, Tupperware for me is for in then kitchen.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Two guns with a good reputation--see what you like better. Tada.

I'm an Omega guy.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

UC, maybe one of the reasons I like Triumph best is the way it fits me, I guess the other is the one I have out shoots any other muzzleloader I ever seen for accuracy.
I guess its like buying a car the individual has to find the one they like and that fits them, outside the fact that they give good service what the owner thinks of them is what counts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.